• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

pine tree sap on the truck

I have gad great luck with a blended 50/50 water and degreaser mix (Menards 1 gallon purple bottle). I get out of the sun light, use the mix in a spray bottle and treat the areas with the sap. Let sit for a minute or two and wash car with regular car wash soap, bucket of hot water and brush. Then I pressure wash off car.

Good luck!

Well I subsituted a product called Simple Green and it worked like a charm. Job was done in about an hour, and was much cheaper than one suggestion to use diesel fuel.

Once again a memebrship at FishingMinnesota.com proved to be the best deal in the State.

Thank you for the tip.

Tom

I was thinking about Goo Gone or whatever it is for a spot treatment? I couldn't imagine using diesel fuel!

Once again a memebrship at FishingMinnesota.com proved to be the best deal in the State.

Free is a pretty sweet deal for everyone!!!

I was thinking about Goo Gone or whatever it is for a spot treatment? I couldn't imagine using diesel fuel!

Go Gone was a no go from the start - wouldn't touch the stuff. Mineral spirits worked but very slowly. The degreaser was the answer.

claybar, use windex as lube. Look on youtube for instructions. Not only will it get the sap off, but also all the other contaminants and will make your paint as smooth as silk. I claybar my truck probably once a year.

Clay bar is where it's at. I used quick detailer last time I did it. About once a year is all you need. I don't think my paint came that smooth from the factory. Works great for taking off road grime around the wheel wells.

Hot water and soap vote for me. Tried GooGone unsuccessfully. It just smeared the sap around. Big towel soaked in hot water, lay it over sappy area for a couple minutes, all the sap wiped away without a trace.

Hot water and soap vote for me. Tried GooGone unsuccessfully. It just smeared the sap around. Big towel soaked in hot water, lay it over sappy area for a couple minutes, all the sap wiped away without a trace.

That sounds pretty eco-friendly! (sound the fog horn GL'ers)grin