• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pimp My Ice House - Fishtrap Guide

TMF89

Look through the forums on here. There are a few threads of differant mods and I know there are some Fishtrap pics in there. Another option is go to the portable mod get together at Thorne Bros on Sept 27th. That's always a good time and you can get a lot of pointers.

On the 1 man units like the guide a useful low cost tweak is adding Genz Rod Sabers to the uprights (left and right) nearest the seat.

This is a handy deal for Frabill Solo's, Recons, Trekker, Guide Pro, and the like. Simply zip-tie them into place on the support poles. Reel up, rod inside the saber pointed down.

This way you have a quick access to you Go-2 rods with less fumbling in your bag to get frequently used combo's. They fold up into the side folds of the shack and are pretty well protected from damage in route from spot to spot.

I added a couple to my Frabill Recon and it saves space, time and most importantly my prized Jason Mitchell rods.

A low cost tweak too.

I'd love to go, but I think I'll be at college, I'll have to check though.

Ed, could you post pictures of your set-up? I think I know what you're talking about, but I want to make sure.

ROD_SABER.jpg

Here is the Rod Saber, note the 2 eyelets, one bottom and one on the top near the reel bag. Just zip-tie them on the upright support nearest you in the vertical position. Holds rods up to 34" in length (butt to tip). Reel bag keeps line from tangling. About $7 each.

If you want to step it up a notch there are more sturdy options such as the Thorn Bro's case. Also zipped in the vertical on the support pole. Zip tie off to strap clips or around the tube itself. 36" and 42" models available.

thorne_hardtube.jpg

Cost will run about $16.

For ultra light shacks or pop up tent units that come with no fixed seat, or just the tub, it is hard to beat the Clam Ice Fishing Chair as the answer to seating and storage versatility.

ClamCHAIRbacksm.jpgClamCHAIRfrontsm.jpg

Tons of storage up off the tub, easy access to rods and tackle, functional seat. The fact it folds semi-flat in transit and will be held tightly in place by the cover helps to accommodate the heater and a second pail. Est cost $70.