• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What's the best time late in the season for Vermilion?

Not a Muskie guy up there but I go second weekend in Oct for Walleyes and water temps are usually mid 50's. No one else is on the lake, whitefish and tullibee are up spawning and I would guess the Muskie are going by this time. I do sneak up there later in Oct and into Nov a little and the weather significantly declines after mid Oct as far as ice and blizzards go but if that does not bother you I would go later. I think second week in Oct is the true start to fall fishin.

hopper - highly advise you get on some of the other musky sites and search vermillion reports and discussions from the last 2 or 3 years. i think you'll find all the info you need right there if you don't get any tips here. previous post had some good info too as far as going later and braving the weather from what i've heard about late season there.