• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake Osakis Women's Get Together ReCap!!

Ok. I'm back online and have started your thread girls!! Let's see the pics and hear the stories! laughlaugh Don't be bashful-you can email me the juicy stuff you don't want to share with other 30,000 or so posters on here too! winkgrin I just can't wait any longer! smile

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to thank all of you ladies for such a good time. You were all so welcoming and made me feel comfortable. Everyone was so patient with me when it came to my boat. I especially want to give Hope a BIG nod for being so patient and risking her life by going out in my boat with me on Sat. I learned alot about handling my boat(my shoulders still hurt from that pull-start) and bobber fishing. I also learned that I need a bigger tent. Also a big thanks to Teresa for her great cooking and to Char for insisting on doing the corn in the fire-it was nummy!!. I caught my first walleye in a long time (who cares that it was too small to be a keeper)and it was my first time out night fishing. Can't forget to thank Teresa for being so friendly at the Annandale GTG. If she hadn't been, I might not have gone this weekend.

I'm looking forward to my first ice fishing GTG!! (I've never been).

And don't forget!! 930a-430p is the golden hour! (according to drunk guy..)

Ya UdeLakeTom, a few of the girls decided to stay one more night and leave Monday. Wish I could have.

We all had a great time - the weather was AWESOME!!!!

Extremely calm for Tami's yak, and then a nice walleye chop today.

Patti - you need to post some pictures of your boat. It's unusual to find a 1960 boat in that good of condition. It was great meeting you - and look forward to more GTG's.

Thanks Lisa. Hopefully the women will have one but I'm up for co-ed too.

Hope - where would I post the pics?

By the way, regarding my front night light? Dad never bothered to tell me the bulb has been blown. Guess I learned another important thing this weekend - do a pre-check myself before I go out - don't assume that what my dad says is current.

Also, someone said there was somewhere on the forum that I could go for advice on redoing parts of the boat. Where is it?

We have a Boats and Motors forum farther down. Here's the link-Click here.

Also in the Photography forum there's a tutorial on how to post pics on this site- Click here.

At the Women's GTG at Mille Lacs, we talked about maybe going back to Appeldoorn's for ice fishing. I love that idea!

sooooo, are some of these gtgs going to be open to the male species or are you afraid to get out fished that its only a gals thing? laughlaughgrinwinkwhistle when are we going to get some of those juicy reports? no secrets and no fibbin about fish size either! smirk

I'll give a quick recap for right now, I am at work, It was a blast. I caught more walleye than the last and had some to bring home. I am burnt to a crisp and have a major sunglsses tan line. My boss started laughing when I walked in the door. I have a couple of pictures which I will post later.

Hope

My report, caught 2 snails, a couple of small walleyes, a pretty good sized rock bass,but mainly watched Teresa do all the catching.

I tried very hard to run the boat on Sunday with the heavy chop, but we did get wet. But it was so hot it felt really good. The smores never really did happen, after eating Patti's terrific ribs, hash browns and asian salad I was too stuffed. Plus we fished so hard we were whipped. Osakis was very green and I was so surprised when we caught fish that they were so pale and anemic looking. It was tough for Patti and I to cover much ground, as we don't have big competition boats like Char does!

On a sad note girls, I called my hubby and told him I would be home around 3pm (just had to stop at Gander Mountain and look around again. I got home around that time to find out that after I talked to him he went out in the yard and was riding the ATV and accidentally tipped it over. Fortunately he wasn't pinned under it, and it was still running. A guardian angel just happened to come up the road and saw him and the tipped over ATV and whipped into the driveway and the both of them managed to get the ATV upright. He is pretty badly bruised up, but so far it doesn't look like he did any major damage. He wasn't going very fast, but he did do a real sharp turn. I am going to post pictures later. ( Pictures of the GTG, not his injuries as he has a foot long bruise on the full moon)

I'm so happy your husband wasn't hurt too badly! eek

The jury is still out on this one, he is hurting pretty bad and may have to go to the doctor tomorrow. I don't think anything is broken, but he is having a hard time walking. He does have a hard time normally so this has really put a crimp in his style.

Pictures from Osakis:

Lambjam's rock bass

RockBass.jpg

Teresa's monster perch

Teresa.jpg

Hope and Patti searching for the elusive walleyes

Hope_Patti.jpg

Char and Shelly chilling in the evening

Char.jpg

Full Moon, not the human kind I missed getting that shot

Moon.jpg

Sunset over Osakis