• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild Flowers...

Sweet shots, Stu! Sure is great to be out among the flowers. Nature photographers who pass up flowers are missing a LOT.

The top flowers are actually wild sunflowers. They bloom in loose clusters at the top of tall leafy stalks, while Susan offer a single or occasionally a double flower at the top of a much shorter stalk. Susan also have very deep brown (almost black) centers.

It looks like the white flower is a yarrow. The leaves aren't right for that, but I think the leaves are from other plants and the yarrow is coming up from underneath. Not quite sure of that, but that flower certainly is yarrowlike.

Sweet stuff, man. Really like that raven, too!

I think you are probably right, B. I'd thought of that, but the flowers just seemed too pale. But I know they fade hard when they age, so I think you got it nailed. The leaves make more sense that way, too.

I'd like to take away my milkweed ID and change it to Red Osier Dogwood. What do you think?