• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

More Toyota Deception

LMITOUT

When something like this happens, it opens up all kinds of cans of worms with not only JGR, but Toyota in general. Sure, it was found on JGR's cars for the Nationwide, but how far does all this really go? What else might be happening that NASCAR has missed or not yet discovered?

Incidents such as this open up all kinds of speculation and deservedly so. NASCAR has allowed Toyota all kinds of "royalties" to get their program going. Obviously JGR and possibly Toyota themselves have abused the leniency.

You guys need to remember though, NASCAR racing has always been about bending the rules in your favor and hope you don't get caught. They did it and got caught. I applaud them for trying something, they made it 3/4 of the way through the season before someone found it. Kinda trying to bring back the old days of NASCAR in the new era. Anything you can sneek by the officials is golden in NASCAR.

I am a JGR fan and I don't really condone "cheating", but they found a way to win a bunch of races. They wont do it in Sprint Cup because the fines are too big for messing with the COT. If a person looked hard enough though, you could find something on every car in the field. It sucks when you get busted, but it rocks when you are winning races.

I just read the article. That's pretty awesome!!

Teams have been cheatin since day one, and they will be cheatin as long as they can fill the stands.

One of my favorites is the team (I forget which one it was so long ago) that was drilling out the center of the studs from the backside. The looked completely stock! At the time there was no rule against it so technically it wasn't cheatin, but there was a new rule right after it was discovered!

I don't recall any team ever cheating in this manner.

Seriously Nascar is doing Horse Power testing across the board and you add magnets to manipulate the numbers... LMAO..... much different then trying to gain an advantage while racing!

I understand why they did it.....but common man!

Just like one Nascar crew chief (who I wont name) said "It's our job to cheat and thier job to try to catch us!"

Exactly the way most of them see it I would guess grin

Sounds like Nascar has postponed the penalty's until tomorrow.

I suppose it's a tough call on what to do with the 2 offending "CHEATERS" cars/teams that have combined to win 14 of Toyota's 15 race wins in the 25 Nationwide races this season. smirk

Ol' Childress wasn't pulling any punches that's for sure when he was asked about this situation.

Hendrick don't dare say a word for as much as they've been caught "working the gray area", and probably still are.

Well let me ask this to everyone as it pertains to "cheating".

What do you really consider as cheating? Is pushing the gray area definitely cheating? Or is blatant diregard for the rules, standards, limits definitely cheating?

Cheating seems to be a loosly utilized word with different meaning to each individual.

To me, this situation with the Toyotas is blatant cheating. Sticking in some 1/4" thick magnets so the pedal doesn't mash to the floor so that the engine doesn't register max hp capability. It's a clear and distinct measure to get an unfair advantage.

Pushing the gray areas I don't consider as cheating as gray areas are left to judgement and interpretation on whether there is an advantage. Gray areas are not distinct. They are not clearly defined otherwise they wouldn't be called gray areas.