Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kt

pflueger reels

3 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone has an opinion on pfluegers summit or supreme baitcast reels. Bass Pro Shops has a sale on the pflueger supreme $80 for the reel and a pflueger rod. Just wondering what everyone thinks about pflueger as far as quality, because i have never used one of their reels.

thanks a lot everyone,

kt

They are an old respected company with a history of high quality products. There was a time when every kid (who fished) hoped to some day own a Pflueger Supreme baitcasting reel.

They no longer hold a "Cadillac" position in the industry, but they're still very good. As a matter of fact, Cadillac no longer holds a "Cadillac" position in the auto industry. There are lots of good ones these days, but I still use a couple Pflueger reels and treasure my small collection of old timers.

I beleive pfluger is now owned by shakspire or some other budget brand. I've never had one before but quantum is owned by zebco also a budget brand and I like them, so they might not be a terable reel.