• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hurricane #1

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#2 is out there! But its not comming after me. The panhandle is going to get nailed and New Orleans, in the same area that was destroyed a couple years ago. Poor guys havent even had a chance to rebuild.

I heard on the radio that oil went $3.00 a barrel just on the off chance it might hit some of the oil rigs in the gulf. They made it sound like there is a chance that this one could become a real bad one for the gulf area. Lets hope that it just stays as a tropical storm.

Sir Jim lets hope so to, otherwise look out gas prices. It is a joke, just the possibility of problems they raise the price.

Good Luck Dee Dee on round # 2. Also As far as New Orleans, this is what can happen when you build your city UNDER SEA LEVEL.

G.C.

Jimalm - it will be a cat.3 when it get in the gulf.

Thanks garyc - but guess what, #3 is joining it. So I will have a cat.3 to my right and a cat. 2 or 3 on my left. They both SHOULD miss FL.

Dont cha just want to live in the "SUNSHINE" state????? winkcool

#3 will most likely go up the east side but not near FL. I am curious as to how the storms are going to be. Even though the hurricanes wont hit us we will still feel the effects (thunderstorms, rain) from them.

Well guess what. Got 3+ more heading this way. Its a busy season.

Hanna - Lots of rain on the east coast and central FL on up (friday)

Ike - Southern FL, My sister gets that one

Josephine - Could hit any part of FL or GA

and TD #10 - Too soon to know anything

Some one really needs to talk my parents into moving up there.

I will and you gotta get your daughter back up there before Mrs. Tom finds something she likes. Good news is around here not to many banks are doing much for new home loans and definatly not till these storms go away and its hard to get insurance. On the other hand, TONS of houses are in forclosure and are goin at a really great price.

Look out DeeDee...

At 5 a.m. EDT Wednesday, Hanna's maximum sustained winds were near 60 mph (95 kph), but the U.S. National Hurricane Center in Miami said it could regain hurricane strength and turn toward the east coast of Florida, Georgia or South Carolina in the next few days

In Florida, Gov. Charlie Crist issued a state of emergency in preparation for Hanna's possible landfall there.

Crist said Florida should be ready for flash floods and winds up to 111 mph.

frown

LOL garyc your a trip. Well Hanna (just a little one)turned and is going to completely miss us laugh. however Ike is up 140 MPH and is going to kick our *** crycrycry they just dont know what part of FL its gonna hit. This one will cause me to leave town and dude Lake Tom, sorry but this is the one your daughter should be worried about.

YEAHHH, Alright Tom! Thats the best thing to do is get away from the coast even better is to be up there! I wouldnt tell Grandma either. Your daughter really doesnt want to be there for Ike no matter how far up or down the coast it hits. I'm about 30+ miles inland from Daytona Beach and its close enough for me book a hotel somewhere in GA.