• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hurricane #1

yep. still raining.....

It will keep raining thru tonight. Not sure of the inches yet, many many parts are flooded. some of my area is but its going down. Tel ya what I am SO SICK of rain. But the droughts got to be over. smile

funny thing, there's another one brewing. crazy Wish I lived up there wink

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Wish I lived up there
I do too!

Things are getting a little dry up here now. My son's happy since he won't have to mow this week! We do have some thunderstorms forecasted today though. We'll see. I won't hold my breath. Glad to hear YOUR not flooded and still have power?!

My side has a full ditch in front and across the street. They have had schools closed because lots of the roads are underwater. Nr 1 daughter said of few of the winds got her a little nervous. This is her 1st real one since moving down there. Over 2 ft of rain. The only time it quit was when the eye was directly overhead.

LOL you guys are so funny! Havent used the generator yet,(3 years) we only lost power for a short time.

I have thought about building an ark but I figure since I have a boat here I'd just use that.

Tom - tell your daughter that Faye was nothing to worry about. That was just a very long thunderstorm. eek When a real one hits cat. 2 or higher she will have to change her breeches sick. They include kick a** winds, lightning, tornados, flooding etc etc etc But she also wont be there when it comes thru she will be forced to evacuate. I have been here for way to many years and 2004 was the worst I have been thru. 4 hurricanes (3 in '04) and a number of tropicals like faye was. Now when Andrew came thru they had to rebuild pretty much all of S. Florida.

Tom - Also tell her to keep and eye on Wave 94L and Wave 95L. she can check out flhurricane dot com to follow them. They are the next 2 possible storms. Right now its way to early to really think about.

He went down there in the fall right after I think it was Charlie. They moved down there the next spring. Sometime when Grandma and I are down there, we have to get together.

She just came online, so I will see what she replies.

Yup, it's official-start packing-you're moving back girl! laugh
Could you please tell my family that?! Gotta tell ya lady when I do make it back up there for whatever reason one of the first things I'll have to do is look you up, go to the pub and have an ice cold one. laugh Of course everyone will be invited grin

and yup, Fay would have been #5 but I still have a chance at 2 more in September.

It hasnt rained yet today (knock on wood), The public schools were open Monday then closed for the rest of the week. I havent heard about schools in her area. I know it was supposed to rain through Thursday the 28th.