• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Air Gun Problem

fishbuster

I have had a gamo air gun (.177) for a few years. A while back i decided to clean the barrel and use a piece of rag tied to fishing line. Then the fishing line snapped and the rag got stuck. Since then i have tried blowing it and and pushing it out with a rod, niether worked. Does anyone have any ideas as to how to get it out?

How far down the barrel is it? Could you get a small drill bit down to it very carefully? Also, try finding either a small dowel rod or something similar in steel and you may have to put more effort that you realize (or think rational)into driving it out. If you try another cleaning rod, don't let more than about 3 inches remain outside the barrel and drive with a hammer, it won't be as likely to bend that way. Sometimes it takes considerable force to get stuff moving in barrels. try a single drop of oil too.

The patch is about a third of the way down the barrel from the breech. I was hitting the last rod with a rubber mallet and it wouldnt budge. Maybe ill try again and cut the rod down shorter.

Otherwise i think i may have to take it to a gunsmith to see if they have some kind of a jag that they can hook it with.

Thanks for the ideas.

The patch is about a third of the way down the barrel from the breech. I was hitting the last rod with a rubber mallet and it wouldnt budge. Maybe ill try again and cut the rod down shorter.

Otherwise i think i may have to take it to a gunsmith to see if they have some kind of a jag that they can hook it with.

Thanks for the ideas.

Try squirting some gun oil in the barrel. That may wet the cloth enough and shrink it to push it out.