• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

From the "big Lake"(Superior)

With a 3 day weekend and nice bluesky weather ,My wife and I took a spin Yesterday to the North shore (Tettegouche)....just a nice day! grin....sure got a workout climbing those various steps along the various trails!...man,I'm not 20 years old anymore!Holy Moly cry...did see a redfox but couldn't get the camera on him!...lots of deer,few hawks(even a redstart) a couple vultures(would like to have snapped a few images of those vultures but to fast once again).......A good day all in all! grin

classic shot of "the Lake"

Frame_P1040619-2.jpg

a view "looking down" on the trees below from one of the trails

Frame_P1040653-1copy.jpg

another of the winding river...

Frame_P1040662-2.JPG

and a view "looking up" at the massive, old popples in the park....

Frame_P1040613-3copy.jpg

the clear waters of the main lake showing the polished, worn rocks from the wave action

through the past hundreds(perhaps thousands) of years...

Frame_P1040595copy.jpg

and another...

Frame_P1040596copy.jpg

a curious lone doe checking me out before heading for parts unknown...

Frame_P1040556-4.JPG

and another...

Frame_P1040669-4copy.jpg

the trails were loaded with the large leafed "thimbleberries" a raspberry relative....

Frame_P1040647copy.jpg

and some "Bug Art" grin...fly sitting on a "NewEngland Aster"

Frame_P1040537-3.JPG

Thanks Steve,Dietz!....The Tettegouche is a great state park for sure....We usually make at least one trip there every summer or fall....one can go there time after time and see new and different things each year.....here's the redstart I mentioned earlier...image certainly isn't the greatest as the bird was flitting from branch to branch barely letting me get any photo at all let alone a good one grin

Frame_P1040623-1copy.jpg

those are beautiful pictures...... i didn't even know we had thimbleberries here...... i ate fistfulls of them (along with huckleberries) out in glacier nat'l park last year..... but they grew right at hand height, so they made great on-trail snacking.....