• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Can a person still find Horseraddish plants to grow.

croixflats

I've been growing it and its gettin out of control! This fall its getting processed and its ALL going,then next year the roundup will hopefully finish it off!

If your my way let me know you can have enough to start your patch.

i got some last spring out of the gurneys catalauge. i planted it and it did really well. i havested and made horsey. mmmmm!i thought i dug it all up but it came back this year with a vengence. three big plants. you can only plant after a freeze or in the spring. if you can not find any, i could mail you some roots

i got some last spring out of the gurneys catalauge. i planted it and it did really well. i havested and made horsey. mmmmm!i thought i dug it all up but it came back this year with a vengence. three big plants. you can only plant after a freeze or in the spring. if you can not find any, i could mail you some roots
Thanks for the offer I may take you up on that. Horseradish spreads by root right? The reason I say this I have seen people plant beds in a cut out kiddy pool to control the spread or plant the plant in a large bottomless pot in the ground.

When processing horseradish, cut the top 1 1/2 in of the crown, or top off the root. cut the crown into 1/2 in. square pieces length ways. On a two in. crown you can get 10 or 12 new sets to plant. Plant the sets just like you would a onion set and water the set. later in the fall, like the first part of oct. the sets don;t even need to be watered. Next spring those little buggers will be up and growing. I have done this for many years to start a new patch or help someone else start a patch. I sent a crown home with a friend from New Orleans 2 years ago and he has his own patch now.

ive been doing my own horseradish foy 20 years . i started my own patch by planting the tops, were the leaf starts by the root. make a patch away or by itself cause it spreads easy. i dig it up every 2 years, the roots get bigger that way, and replant the tops. i dont have an issue ith it spreading in my lawn.