Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Punker

300 Wthby scope

5 posts in this topic

I need some help on what scope would handle the recoil of my new 300 Wthby I want to go with a 3x9 40mm any advice is welcome!

I really like the Leupold Vari X III 3.5x10x50 that I have on a 340 Weatherby mag. Hundreds of rounds fired and it holds zero perfectly and the elevation and windige adjustments are still precise. The best feature on the Leupold scopes for a hard kicking rifle is the longer than average eye relief. Leupold also has a great warranty and fantastic customer service. I have several other better grade scopes from other manufacturers that have preformed well but nothing as well as the Leupolds I own. I know that Leupold stands behind thier products, because I broke a pair of Wind River binoculars told them that i had dropped them, sent them to get repaired and they replaced them at no cost. In less than two weeks.

I have never been a fan of scopes that were on the cheaper side on higher powered guns as they seem to fail fairly fast. I won a 300 set up about 7 years ago and have shot many rounds through it and the scope has held up just fine. This one won't break the bank either. I was somewhat concerned with this scope at first but it has done the job just fine.

Bushnell Elite-3200---3x9x40

Nikon Monarch on my 300. Any of the better quality scopes will be fine. Like harvey said stick to a higher quality scope, then just pick the one you feel best about.

Thanks for your input everyone, I'm getting ready for Montana in November!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Fortunately for country never does anything like this, minds it's own business and stays out of all foreign governments affairs
    • Apparently, some of the newer cell phones now have a GLONASS (Russian GPS) chip in them, as well as a U.S. GPS chip.  The GLONASS system has a reputation for working well in the northern hemisphere.   I'll probably just stick with my old hand-held Lowrance and topo maps, but the technology is out there for those who want to use it.     In 2007, Putin issued a Decree of the President of the Russian Federation, opening GLONASS up for unrestricted public use. This was an attempt to garner public and industry interest, and to challenge the homogeny of the American GPS system. By 2010, GLONASS achieved complete coverage of Russia’s territory. One year later, thanks to its orbital satellite constellation, it achieved global coverage. http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/glonass-gps-alternative-never-knew-existed/
    • Love the first amendment.  Also want consistency in application.  
    • Seen on the channel 5 news the other night, plans to remove a dam in River Falls. They didn't specify which dam, or if it would be both dams. The movement is gaining popularity, especially with residents. And more input meetings will be planned. However, if the project is ok'd, it doesn't sound like it will be in the near future. I'm all for the dam removal! Both of them!
    • Hey Dave, I am sorry to hear that. If you need anything you have my number.  Send me a PM or text and let me know whats going on. Recurring infection? Low blood supply?     
    • Yes. But he has a great plan to utilize the excess rail capacity in the country by relocating those who disagree with him. It's gonna be a real gas. 
    • 100% A-OK is how that's working out, but I'm not surprised by the continued confusion. Even beside Texas vs Johnson, the idea of stripping citizenship from people hasn't stood up in court.
    • You must have been on some sh*tty ice for it to do that... Love my heavy spud bar, if it doesn't go through in a couple wacks I feel pretty darn confident in stepping...Spud bar,picks,pfd,rope, common sense all ya need
  • Our Sponsors