• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How Many Cranks......?

riverrat56

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve

You must have beat me there!!! I went to replace the one a King swam off with and they looked pretty picked over ,,,But thanks for leaving me a 400 RS in gold clown

As for cranks?? Im between 200 and 250 ,,,I need to order another special mate as Im doubling up some smaller baits

LAS

Loonasea I did pick the tables over pretty good. You must have gotten the last 400 series HT though.

I went through the back stock boxes and found a bunch of the 400's in Gold Clown and even some hot perch that are close to the HT's.

Got my new Special Mate Boxes today and loaded up all the Reefrunners in 1 and then the smithwicks, shad raps, HJ's, challangers etc. in another.

Ill try to get picks out tomorrow.

Im very happy with Jacksons Lures. They got 3 boxes to me in less than a week. Plus they had the best price I could find on the boxes I wanted.

Ok here we go.

"Hi my name is Northlander and Im a crankbaitaholic."

I took insurance pics of all my sticks/cranks yesterday and I admitt I may have a slight ADDiction.

I filled 1 special mate with over 120 bombers. Filled a second special mate with over 120 Reef Runners and still had about 25 to put in the 3rd Special Mate along with about 100 various Smithwicks, Rapalas, Rebels, Renosky's, Salmos and whatever else I had to toss in.

Problem was I only have 3 Special Mates. All my Shad Raps, Hot N Tots, J-9's and 11"s etc. etc. etc. have to stay in Plaino boxes for now.

"God grant me the scerenity to accept the things I" well you guys get the point.

"Im Northlander and Im a crankbaitaholic". grin

Ok here we go.

I took insurance pics of all my sticks/cranks yesterday and I admitt I may have a slight ADDiction.

I filled 1 special mate with over 120 bombers. ...

I'd say you have a crankbaitaholic issue ... LOL

Ok here we go.

I filled 1 special mate with over 120 bombers. Filled a second special mate with over 120 Reef Runners and still had about 25 to put in the 3rd Special Mate along with about 100 various Smithwicks, Rapalas, Rebels, Renosky's, Salmos and whatever else I had to toss in.

Problem was I only have 3 Special Mates. All my Shad Raps, Hot N Tots, J-9's and 11"s etc. etc. etc. have to stay in Plaino boxes for now.

"God grant me the scerenity to accept the things I" well you guys get the point.

"Im Northlander and Im a crankbaitaholic". grin

Naw.....

You're just trying to stimulate a sluggish economy. laugh Unfortunately you're not spreading it around much. wink

Harvey Lee come on up to Lake Superior and spend a week out here fishing and you will figure out how I got this way.

Reef Runners are the worst. So many custom colors you can get. Then Russ and the crew at Marine General oredered a bunch of custom Brads baits and its been crazy from then on out.

Naw.....

You're just trying to stimulate a sluggish economy. laugh Unfortunately you're not spreading it around much. wink

Just added up how much I spend on rods & reels alone this past year ... I would say i'm doing my part to help the economy - better hide the list from the wifeski, for insurance eyes only wink. I'm afraid to start adding up all the $$ I put into cranks, lures, terminal tackle, etc.

When my son was younger and a bit more confrontational, (those with teenage boys know what I'm talking about), asked how much money I had spent on the cranks in each of my full crank bait boxes. When he heard the price he said, You better not tell mom." Well a few weeks later I was setting some limits with him and he said, "If you don't let me I'll tell mom about the crankbaits". Which I responded, "Go ahead if it makes you feel better". My wife knows what they cost and how many I have so when he tried to "Get me in trouble", My wife said, "What your father spends his money on is his business. By the way your grounded for trying to pull that stunt!"

He's been a pretty good kid ever since and has a growing crank collection which I've contributed to heavily. wink

I guess the lesson is that sometimes it works in your advantage if you wife at least has a rough idea of the cost. wink

Harvey/Borch, I think you took my comments about "hiding it from the wifeski" literal ... I meant it in jest.

Besides family stuff, fishing is my main hobby. Knowing that, my wife always tells me to pickup what fishing stuff I want (within reason) as gifts for various occasions (e.g. anniv, b-day, fathers day, xmas, etc) and the kids give me gift cards to put towards more fishing stuff. She knows I have a lot invested in fishing, but neither her nor I really tracked a total figure. It wasn't until recently when it dawned on me to inventory it to determine if I need extra insurance that I realized how much ... boy was I shocked.

Don't mean to sound defensive, but did not want FMers thinking that I am the type of spouse to "hide" thing from the wife - cause I am not.

NCLaker,

I figured you with just joking. We all have made that same comment. One of the reasons like that Progressive commercial were the guy is buying boat, motorcyle and RV insurance and his wife makes the comment that "We don't have any of those things" Followed by his...Well, Uh yes I do...I mean we do... laugh

Just telling a story about where being upfront helped me out.

Havent counted and dont want too.. All I know, its pretty bad the number I have... As I have rubbermaid tubs with unopened packages of sticks and divers stored away. But, whats a guy to do, you never know when they will discontinue the best color going.. smile

But, whats a guy to do, you never know when they will discontinue the best color going.. smile

Don't you just hate it when they do that. It's almost always a hot color too. frown

Then it's the race to get the remaining stock before someone else does.

I know what ya mean when ya say a good pattern gets discontinued. Rapala stopped making one that I kill walleyes on. I think it is called "crawfish" pattern and only have one left that is chewed up pretty good. Every time it hits a rock or something my heart sinks. I'm thinkin I'll need SCUBA gear to retrieve it. I wish Rapala would put the model # on the lip too

Ya that was hot for me too as well as the Hot Craw or Fire Craw. Whatever it was called. The Jointed ones.

As far as discontinueing hot colors its my pet peave. I mean what knucklehead picks the colors to discontinue? Its always good colors we use and catch fish on. Never the crazy off shoot colors that just sit in your box colecting dust.

I think its all a ploy to get us starving for them for a few years so they can bring them back later in small numbers and charge $2 more a piece saying they are collectors or something.

Thats why when I find a bait that works I buy as many as I can. Especially if they are on sale.

Still looking for some Hot Renoskie Crystalina's.

I was told this from a guy at Rapala --- colors get discontinued based on national sales or something close to that .... so even if a color is really popular in a regional area or especially a smaller local area, if they don't sell enough overall they're discontinued. It gets frustrating.