• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How Many Cranks......?

riverrat56

Best box I found is the special mate box. Hangs about 100 sticks/cranks depending on the box. The make small and deep sized ones. Well at least they used to. I heard they arent being made anymore. Cabelas has some nice hanging boxes but they are spendy. I also use the big plano boxes and keep 7 boxes in a soft sided bag.

Im with Jameson in this one. Im not counting. I dont need more bloody fingers. grin

Same box I use and I have two full. By the way if you get the compartment version there are 128 compartments. I'm in Perchjerkers neighborhood only because I give some of mine away to those who need them more than I do. wink

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, make it 144, but they were on sale, so I'm only counting 3 of them....who can pass up a Rapala for $5?

As far as storage, most of mine are in tangled messes in Plano boxes, however, the ones that see the most use are in individual compartments in a two level Plano box.

My wife has two B&B crank boxes (mostly Storm, Salmo, Reef Runner) and I have two B&B crank boxes (90% rapala) so that would make 386 slots which are almost all full. Then there are the boxes for Muskie cranks, etc.

If you guys are going to start counting all your cranks and not just for walleyes, I don't even want to get started. Walleyes, Largemouth, Smallies, Pike, Muskies, Trout. I think I got about 15 PLANO 3700's. They're all stuffed, then there's the Lakewood hanging with musky baits........I think I'm going to be sick. sick

I have no intentions to get over my walleye addiction, so no need for the other ones yet. And sadly I have yet to see a bass that wouldn't smack a Husky Jerk or Shallow Shad Rap.......

There's this one [PoorWordUsage] largemouth in a place I was fishing every couple of days this spring, just within walking distance of my dorm. Every other bass had no problems with the way any of my rapalas looked, but this one stupid (or SMART, I guess I should say) would follow but never hit on everything I threw at it. Original floaters, shallow shad raps, nightcrawlers, just about every bait that I had (which isn't a lot, the whole poor college student thing) would get a follow but never a strike out of this largemouth. He'd come right up to shore, seem interested, and then swim off. Tried every different kind of retrieve there is, but he'd never strike.

Had to inventory last night as it is time to stock up some more for fall trolling.

Only 79 walleye cranks so I have some catching up to do.

200-300 really isn't out of the question for the avid walleye guy if you want to cover the gamut of manufacturers, styles, colors, etc.

Most of mine are Husky Jerk HJ12 & HJ14, Original Floaters F13, F11, Smithwick Super Rogues, Storm Thundersticks. Your typical fall shallow water cranks.

Gotta admit that my Shad Rap, Shallow Shad Rap, Minnow Rap, X-Rap selection is very slim. Add in some deeper stuff like Reef Runners, TailDancers, Deep Thundersticks, Deep Rogues, etc and that 300+ number is very attainable.

Most of mine are DT10, DT16, Minnowrap, Shadrap in all colors and sizes with a fair number of deeper and shallower running Rapalas (shallow shadrap, jointed, husky jerk, x-rap, etc). It's very easy to get into the 200+ mark without any trouble.

Having said that give me a firetiger, silver/black, gold/black, and pearch rapala in enough styles and sizes to cover the water column and I'm good to go for walleye's.

I think it is up to 17 Plano boxes now. I tend to sort them by depth. I'll write the dive curve #s on the cover for the cranks in that box. Deep Taildancers in one box, Reefrunners in another, Rogues all together, etc. Then there is the special box. After a crank has proved it self at night on ML I'll put it in the HoF box rather than loose it to a gator.

I don't even want to start totaling the $$$ I have there. I take digital pictures every once in a while just to have a record in case....

Don't get me going on the $$$ in muskie gear I have.

fishin magician nice looking boxes. Anyone that has trouble with the spouse saying they have to many crank baits do what I did and say. They double as Christmas ornaments as they come with hooks, are all nice looking colors and you will store them in the boat over the summer.

Since there is no need to buy regular christmas ornaments you can stock up with more fishing themed ornaments at Cabelas. Once you sell that idea then start to loby for a bigger or multiple trees. Just watch the little kids or family pet so they do not get stuck.