• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

downloading waypoints

jlehn

Question

Help,

I have a Lowrance LMS 330C unit

Ihave been trying to download my wapoints off of the unit onto a chip to be reloaded to my computer so I can save and manage the waypoints.

When I download off of the unit the data is saved as a usr file. However,

when I try to upload this file to my lowrance data manager file it will not recognize this file. any idea of what I am doing wrong?

thanks in advance.

7 answers to this question

jlehn,

I had the same problem, but it was trying to import the waypoints into lakemaster promap software.

make sure you are saving the data from your 330 in ver. 2 not ver. 3. Version 3 saves waypoints with depth v 2 only saves lat/lon data no depth.

When I switched it to v. 2 the LM software took all the data and plotted the points on the lakes that I fish.

WW

Make sure your active screen is the map screen, you can do that by hitting the pages button twice and it will highlight map, menu twice, transfer data, enter, save, you will get a window that asks where you want to save the data, the third box will be version, select ver.2. It will save the data as data.usr.

Just did it on my LCX-25c, I also have a LMS-337c works the same on both of those units, so I would guess that the 330 is the same.

What Version of software are you running in the unit itself?

They didn't add Version 3 until the last 2 upgrades

WW

hey walleyewild you were correct

I got it figured out with your help

went back into systems setup and lo and behold it was on version 3. I figured that was the new version which I uploaded a month or so ago. so switched it to version 2 and it sucked the waypoints right down. Now that I have them saved and loaded into the Lowrance data manager is there any program you are running like google earth that you would recommend to play around with the points? thanks again for your help

I use lakemaster promap software, gives me a great way of looking at what area's I've been fishing, it's nice to see a large area and what might be simular to the area I've been fishing.

jlehn, my pleasure with the help.

WW