• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What Slugs do You Shoot

I shot Hornadys last year, double lunged a small buck at 125 yds, and the deer ran 75 yards. Good thing I hit him in an open field because he did not leave much of a blood trail, and the entry and exit holes were very small. I like the accuracy of the SST, but the mine hardly expanded at all. I think i will try them one more year and see how it goes.

That is the biggest problem my brother has had with Hornady slugs. No expantion. He shot 2 bucks last year and got both lungs on both deer and they did not leave much blood and both went along ways!

Froggy

federal vital shock have dropped many deer for my brother and I. I had to buy some other brand two years ago cuz we ran out and so did maple lake. they were 3 bucks a bang. They did not shoot well out of my remington. for that much money they should have flashing lights and a horn blowin. Will not shoot anything ither than federal out of my slug gun.

I use the Muzzy when I'm hunting down around home. However the better 1/2 to my father uses her Browning Gold with a fully rifled barrel loaded with Federal Barnes Expander Sabot's. They fly great out of that gun and have had extremely good knock down power.

I tried the Barnes expanders out of my Ithica barrel, but I couldn't group them within a foot of each other. I have heard mix reviews of the Winchester XP3's. I am a bit interested to hear how the new Remmington Slugs.