• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

huff clears waivers

BID2

Fri, Aug 15 The Baltimore Sun's Dan Connolly and Jeff Zrebiec report Baltimore Orioles 1B Aubrey Huff has cleared waivers and can be traded to any team.

Here is the 3B we/twins need. Any speculation on what it would take to get him. We are doin' pretty good..... so maybe we shouldnt mess with what works, but I sure would like some power at the other corner.

If you believe what the Star Tribune is saying the Twins are willing to spend some money but they are not willing to trade any of our starting pitchers. According to the article they claimed Ibanez and Washburn from the Mariners and were willing to pay their salaries but the M's wanted starting pitching in return.

So i think it all depends on what the trade looks like more then the money right now. They are something like $20 million under what they spent last season so they have some room to move.

This is just me being hopeful.

I still give it a 5% chance at happening and maybe that high of a percentage is still me being to hopeful.

Yeah, it depends on what the O's want in return. The Twins could have had Beltre if they had been willing to part with Baker or Slowey.

I think they made the right call not trading either of those guys.

OK. Forget about beltre. He sucked/sucks. But Huff is a rock solid stud and hes pretty consistant avg/hr/rbi/runs. I dont know if we should trade for him. but if we could get him and sign him he might put us over that first round hump. WE have to figure out a way to part with cuddyer and that might free us up fiscally.

OK. Forget about beltre. He sucked/sucks. But Huff is a rock solid stud and hes pretty consistant avg/hr/rbi/runs. I dont know if we should trade for him. but if we could get him and sign him he might put us over that first round hump. WE have to figure out a way to part with cuddyer and that might free us up fiscally.

What makes Huff a rock-solid stud all of the sudden? The guy hasn't had more than 90 RBI's since 2005, and he's only had more than 100 RBI's twice ('03 and '04)...

I know he's having a great season, but could we count on him to continue it?