• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What is my boat worth?

goldenwalleye

I just picked up a 2001 Warrior V1898DC with a 2005 135 Optimax (brand new - 0 hours, 3 year warranty)including trailer through an online auction.

What is a boat like that worth?

NADA had the boat at about $11k, but now sure how to rate the motor. I expect around $10k since it's brand new. Any thoughts?

Basically, your boat is worth whatever a person is willing to pay for it. wink

I'm trying to sell a 1996 Ford Explorer. Kelly Blue Bood says it's worth over $2500 in fair shape and I can't get $1900 for it in good shape. mad

Sorry, I know that's not the kind of answer you were looking for. I believe you are wondering how good a deal you got.

GW

You got a good deal on that boat as long as everything is in good condition! You could probably turn around and sell it for 125% - 150% more than what you bought it, but I say hold on to that boat! It'll treat you extremely well for a number of years to come I'm sure.

Not sure of the fishing you do, but looks like the boat could use a bow mount and a sonar unit. Probably an extra $1500 - $2000 depending on what you get.

Did it come with a boat cover too?

Enjoy the new ride!

Nice looking rig and I agree with the others, a really good deal.

One tip on the Optimax, be sure to use outboard oil for DFI motors, and use Mercury Quickleen or SeaFoam or something similar in every (or almost every) tank of gas. Doing so will prevent carbon problems, which is important with that motor. I have a 175 Opti and really like it a lot.

If you need electronics for your boat I can probably help you out, the links are in my signature. Congrats again and good luck with the new boat.

Had the boat out on Watab for a bit today. It was a lot quieter than I thought it would be. Worked great - topped out at 40mph.

I have a 797 c2 sideimager going on the boat, and will be in need of a trolling motor soon. Even though I got a great deal, I tapped myself out, so I'll have to wait a bit on that.

I found what looked like the cover in one of the rod lockers - So I should be able to button it up pretty well.

Thanks for all the advice, as I plan on getting many years of enjoyment - I was always a tag-along up till now.