Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scott K

Bryant McKinnie

37 posts in this topic

Sirius NFL Radio reports that Vikings LT Bryant McKinnie will be suspended four games for violating the league's personal conduct policy.

Minnesota faces REs from Green Bay (Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila), Indianapolis (Dwight Freeney), Carolina (Julius Peppers), and Tennessee (Kyle Vanden Bosch) in the first four games, so Tarvaris Jackson will likely have a rough early ride with journeyman G Artis Hicks protecting his blind side. The Vikes should've done much more to prepare for McKinnie's loss this spring. Aug. 14 - 4:50 pm et

lets just say I would never want to T. Jackson, our offensive line is terrible at protecting the pocket

I think he has turned this team around, very few headlines this year so far about what his players got in trouble for in the off seasons.

I guess this would fall into that "few headlines" category?

Originally Posted By: 4wanderingeyes
I think he has turned this team around, very few headlines this year so far about what his players got in trouble for in the off seasons.

I guess this would fall into that "few headlines" category?

You are correct, that would be in the catagory of a "few headlines" !

Other then Mr McKinnie its been a quiet off season for active Viking's

he should be suspended for more then that, that size and to swing that pole and hit someone, come on tough guy, get a grip.

Can we just have him sit out the 4th quarter all year instead? He's useless then anyways.

I hope it is just a rumor! I got that article from the strib, so it that for what its worth!

He is decent but certainly not as good as the media and everyone else made him out to be, the man is huge and has decent feet, but is not consistent and has proven he isn't consistent every season, might be time to find a new anchor for that line

He is decent but certainly not as good as the media and everyone else made him out to be, the man is huge and has decent feet, but is not consistent and has proven he isn't consistent every season, might be time to find a new anchor for that line

All true! But it is not shopping season anymore. We might find someone that another team has dropped, for a reason, or try to trade, and that will cost us alot now.

I totally agree it is not time and is too late to do anything this year, but I hope the front office has it in their mind and making sure their college and pro scouts are watching for guys in that position

Ya, I dont know why they didnt pick anyone in the draft, they knew something was going to happer eventually!

fox 9 said these are alleged alligations and could be rumors

alleged or not, the fact is he will get suspended by the league and how long is up in the air, his consistency or lack there of should be a good enough sign for them to start looking...

I dont see a real need to replace him, he isnt an allstar, but more times then not, he does his job!

he gets beat off the line way too much for the money they give him. i know he isn't gonna make the block each and every play, but c'mon they pay him all that dough and don't get enough effort from the guy. then he goes around town thinking he's a big shot. guy would ride his bike around msu with this "i'm the s#!t" look on his face. he is the only guy on the team that i don't like.

Actually he's a pretty darn good run blocker.

Granted his pass blocking is going to get someone killed DOH!

He is a big strong guy, young, and can still learn to become a pass blocker! Allen even said that it is hard to push him around!

Has anyone heard any new info on Bryant McKinnie? I heard they werent going to do anything until after the trial.

I haven't heard anything recently.

My best guess. He'll pay off the plaintiff, pay a stiff fine, and wind up doing a lot of community service, anger management classes, and a public service announcement.

The league will suspend him for two games and make him cut his hair.