• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fuel Line Issues

murff

I had this posted in another forum. I think this is where it should be. This Spring I placed an in-line fuel filter between the bulb and the engine intake. Up to this week, I could see fuel in the filter. Monday, I went to check the boat and no fuel visible. So I pumped it up. Filled up. then the fuel drained back into the under-floor tank. Replaced the bulb with a backup from the Rogers store. Same thing happened. Is there something wrong here? So far I have tried 2 new bulbs - same result. Am I concerned for no reason? If something is wrong here, any suggestions as to how to correct it.

It almost sounds like a air leak somewhere, but I'm kind of surprised that your primer bulb wouldn't keep the gas from back flowing. I guess it's possible that you got 2 primer bulbs, but somewhat rare.

Does your motor run?

marine_man

Marine_man thank for the advice. Right on. I inspected the fuel line and found a couple of suspicious cracks/slices in it. Replaced, refitted, bled the line. All is now well. Runs like a top. Again thanks.

murff