• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Arctic Armor

cold one sd

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wear the coat with some carharts for bibs. I like it alot it does get hot if it isn't terribly cold out. And I've noticed that you have to wash it alot because it starts to stink cause you sweat if you are running around setting up your gear wearing it

It's too hot to wear it while moving out and about. But wearing just the bibs is perfect for sled towing.

My only grips are the cargo pockets on the bibs are on front and that get's into the way of moving around with stuff in it. Also I can't get the legs around my Pac boots - I may have to improvise.

But you'll never have to worry if you're kneeling and get all that water sludge on you that freezes...it's water proof.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Heck it's not too hot for me in the fall and spring. I use it for rain gear and have hunted in the Camo HSO Arctic Armor in 70 degree temps. Very comfortable in cool and slightly warm temps.

If I put on clothing like it's wintertime out with the old style suits heck yeah it's too hot smile

So I don't do that anymore...not even in freezing conditions.

If you unzip the leggings getting it around pac books is no issue. The Red HSO Arctic Armor has double padded knees and butt for comfort out ice fishing and

IT FLOATS.

For those of you thast haven't seen it here is

HSO Arctic Armor Online.

Heck it's not too hot for me in the fall and spring. I use it for rain gear and have hunted in the Camo HSO Arctic Armor in 70 degree temps. Very comfortable in cool and slightly warm temps.

If I put on clothing like it's wintertime out with the old style suits heck yeah it's too hot smile

So I don't do that anymore...not even in freezing conditions.

If you unzip the leggings getting it around pac books is no issue. The Red HSO Arctic Armor has double padded knees and butt for comfort out ice fishing and

IT FLOATS.

For those of you thast haven't seen it here is

HSO Arctic Armor Online.

I bought the camo suite last year and wear it just like Rick said. It's an awesome suite. I wear it for fall hunting. I wear it in the boat for fall and spring early fishing. It's by far the best purchase I've made in a long time. I actually wear the jacket as my winter jacket for everything now. It's light weight and the warmest thing I've had. It breaths pretty good too so I don't get overly warm in it.

I don't quite understand how the Arctic Armor material can do this but it will keep me warm at -20 in the winter ice fishing outside, yet I can wear it in the boat as rainwear in the summer when its 60-70 outside without overheating at all.

This will be my 3rd winter coming up wearing Arctic Armor and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

My new slogan is "My other Ice Shack is my Arctic Armor".

I'm spending less and less time every winter fishing inside a portable shack. It keeps you warm, keeps the wind out, keeps the moisture out, and allows the ultimate in portability and maneuverability outside to run and gun fish.

If anyone wants to try one on for sizing or just look at them, we'll be at the Game Fair in Anoka this weekend (Aug 15-17)and at the Ducks Unlimited Great Outdoors in Oshkosh WI next weekend (Aug 22-24). We have ample inventory from XS - 3X at the shows in Camo and Red/Black. You can also view them at our web site.

Thanks guys. I ordered a red and black set. I kind of wanted green and black but would have had to wait. I wanted something that I wouldn't have to wear a ton of clothes under and something that wouldn't take me to the bottom if I go through the ice. According to your posts I think I bought the right thing. Thanks.

I started wearing Arctic Armor last winter and I must admit, there is a learning curve/change of status quo involved with wearing it. I used to put on long johns, pants, shirt, hoodie, and carharts. I learned real fast that jeans and a t-shirt under my Arctic Armor were plenty.

Cold one, you are going to love this stuff.

To quote a fellow dude, "Stay warm, stay dry, stay alive......Let's go fishing brother!!!!!"

I'm glad to read all the positive posts on here. I have never been comfortable with long johns and would rather be cold than wear them. I will however wear an insulated underwear top if I have to. If I can get on the ice with jeans and a t shirt I will be happy as a clam. At times I have been wearing the bibs and parka that I wear for waterfowl hunting and it weighs a ton. Wearing something that is light and warm will be great. Hopefully I will get a chance to meet some of you guys on the ice this winter.

I love my Arctic Armor as well. The only thing I would recomend is that they put the bib leg zippers all the way to the hip. Getting a size 16 ice king through the legs now isnt happening. I just put my bibs on before my boats, oops I mean boots, now and take my boots off before the bibs.

The jacket is very warm if your pulling a ice house across a lake so I always leave that off when pulling a house on early ice unless its very cold or windy. Very nice for snowmobiling.

The gloves work great too but if you have real big hands, like me, they dont make a xxl.

Overall the padded knees and but are great for hole hopping and I went all winter without any holes until I got too close to the heater one day. mad

I wouldnt hesitate to get a set.

I ordered mine and they arrived the next day and sized perfect. I also use them for raincoat in spring and fall, and ice fishing the past couple winters.

The best is to wear the undershirt like a UnderArmour (I use a Gander knock off, but same thing) and I also wear some soft wader pants (like I wear under my waders for duck hunting). That is the ultimate combo, as everything is so thin and makes movement very easy. Throw in an UnderArmour backlava (sp?) and you are set for ice fishing in warm or cold.

I've used my Arctic Armor for two winters and I wouldn't wear anything else. I've used this suit in some extreme temps on ATV/snowmobile and it's incredibly warm, windproof and waterproof.

I like others have worn Arctic Armor fishing in temps close to 70 degrees (stiff winds) and wore it all day without a sweat, and amazed it works as well in zero degree weather.

I'm really looking forward to this duck season with my duckblind camo Arctic Armor...floatation, waterproof, warm and lightweight. I can't think of a better suit for waterfowlers. wink