Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Rebel9921

MN Muskie Expo- New Owner, New Home, & New Date...

I found this info on other forum... posted by "Happy Hooker"...

FYI

Its a long way off but to inform attendees,vendors and other intrested parties the Minnesota Muskie expo has many changes for next year.

Paul Hartman is the new owner/operator for the expo.Years ago George Wahl named Paul as his eventual successor. George is battling cancer and doing well his treatments in the future are becoming more intense and time consuming.George will still be 100% involved in all details of the show. Paul owner of the Minnesota Muskie Tournament Trail,local guide,writer is the perfect person for the job and will carry on the fine show tradition that George established.

'New Home" The Expo will now be held at Concordia University in St Paul,, Much more central in its location to the twin cities right off 94,,two thousand sq feet bigger,two nice parking lots,dorm rooms to stay at,,more local hotel rooms.

"New Date" April 3rd,4th,5th almost a full month later this should cancel out most chances of a smothering dangerous to travel snow blizzard like has happened more then a couple times on expo weekend.

questions more info?? Call George or Paul

I don't care for the new location and date but not much a guy can do about it. For the guys coming from the north that makes it just that much longer of a drive and less inviting to say the least. Oh well.

mr

The date change was a good idea because the NW Sportshow is moved to March in 2009 and would have been a major overlap problem for both vendors and attendees.

I preferred the Blaine location also, just a lot easier to get around plus it's a stones throw from my house.

I have no doubt in my mind that Paul will put on a great show.

RU

I Agree that the Blaine location is better by far. Of course I would be biased as I live less than 10 minutes from the Sports Center. I wonder what the motivation for the change in location was???

I was told they did not have a choice but to move the show. They put a new surface down in Blaine and now they will not allow shows on it.

One thing that would make this place much better is if they have a pool. I have been doing the Chicago show for the last couple years and the pool side demos draw a bunch of people plus it is nice to see how a bait performs in the water with your own two eyes.

I am sure Paul and George will put together another great show.

Hiya -

Keith's right - the Blaine location wasn't an option because they'd resurfaced the arena. I love the new location, but I can just about hit it with a baseball form my house, so there's no small amount of selfishiness in my opinion:)

I'm really glad Paul and Kristi are taking over the show this year. Paul's a great guy, and you won't find too many around who care as the resource as much as he does. (Did you know he uses $ from his tournament proceeds to rent ponds and raise fish to stock in Tonka and White Bear?) The show will be in very good hands.

Concordia U is pretty easy to get to - right off 94 and right between 35E and 35W. They could have done worse for a venue.

Cheers,

Rob Kimm