• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Getting ready...

i will be staying in moorehead tue nite the 19th. good luck on moving. when idrive north into moorehead past the school there seems to be a lot of house for the college kids there along the main drag.

Worse how? My problem is that I missed her so much, but this summer has been a challenge with her back home. 19 years old and doesn't think house rules apply to her.

Hard to treat her like an adult when I keep thinking back to the day she was born and the first time I saw her. crycry

No....I mean when they leave for a longer while(3-4 years or so) and then something happens(lost job, bad relationship) where they need a place to stay for a while(months). At this point you have become very used to peace and quiet, normal adult hours etc and all of sudden there is the young person in the house, in and out at all hours, phone ringing etc. Once you get used the empty nest, it is kinda nice cool

I know it's so cliche to say but they really do grow up wayyy to fast. frown

My daughter will be three in November. We picked her up in Florida the day before Christmas eve in 2005 and she had been two months premature. At six weeks old (When we got her) she weighed just 5lbs 2oz. Now she's growing up, talking, running is in the norm for her age. I still remember when I could put her head in my hand and her toes didn't reach my elbo. They do grow fast, I'm just loving the ride right now. Especially since I can do no wrong and am everything in her eyes. I know that changes, but it's awesome while it lasts.

My daughter just turned 20 and I know what you mean by house rules. She's a great kid but somethimes I am ready for her to get her own place, other times I cant stand the thought of her leaving. I have two little boys 5 & 6 she's fantastic with them. They are really going to miss her when she does move out.

i have a 23 year old stepson at home and all he does if hes not working is sit in front of a computer screen with earpiece and play these dang games. you need to pry him off the chair with dynamite to get him to help around the house. madmad they should make them illegal. otherwise hes a good kid. doesnt party, so not so bad, but those games drive me up a wall. like thats the only thing in life to do. madeekcrazy

We too are empty nesters, but we really missed my daughter and her family coming up for the summer. It is really weird when either my daughter or son come to visit. At least they have children of their own and the house rules really aren't necessary anymore, but they try to have the grandkids follow the "house rules" now. Just because they have different rules at home, now they have to follow Grandpa and Grandma's rules. We are real tough!!! Like Mom how come we couldn't do that, but the grandkids can??? grin

And no Glenn, you aren't in charge this weekend with the ladies all at the GTG.

My husband (the step-dad) says that my kids get away with way too much. When he was a kid, he got away with nothing (yeah right!!)

I am very fortunate that overall my kids are good kids. I today's world, you try to raise them right, but so much of it is outside influences.

Yeah I know - I've heard some of the stories too. The firecrackers in the pocket of his shorts that went off was a good one. Funny, but he still hasn't learned.

I think he was a little lonely this weekend. I just got back from the womens GTG at Osakis. What a blast!!! Can't tell the details - but grandma wouldn't approve.