• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

H2O use

mrklean

First of all make sure that you are working the unit in Advanced mode. If you haven't changed it from easy mode to advanced, you will be very frustrated out of the gate. I would reccomend going to your nearest auto parts store and buy an ac adapter with alligator clips and you can hook it up to your favorite vexilar battery. This saves you a lot on your battery life. There is so much that those things can do, however you need to familarize yourself at home before you are actually in a spot where you need it. When I first purchased mine, I had to substitute out my favorite bathroom read, and it was well worth it. I am still learning new things on it.

As far as the deleting of icons, are you referring to an actual waypoint that you are seeing on your screen? If so, go under your find waypoint menu and when you see the one you want deleted, use the oprions on the bottem of the screen and delete it.

Good luck and enjoy the toy.

CA

I also am having trouble turning on the tracking for the cursor the trails I have created show but not the tracking what do I do the book is to greek for me to understand

dan z, It always seems to just display the cursor position when turned on, and not find where the unit is currently, which is what I would like and expect for the default. It seems like if I zoom out enough it senses that I want it to display current position instead of the cursor position, so it then asks if that's what I want. But I don't know how to make it do that by default or menus.

fishermatt, if you press the exit key while on the map screen, it will alternate between your current position, and your cursor position.

Here's one, how do I delete tracks? I went up to Mille Lacs for two days, and the whole southwestern portion is pink, lol.

go to advanced move and clear trails and clear trails....the only thing that sucks it clears all your trails not just specific areas......

How do you remove a man overboard Icon...I have a chunk of Mille Lacs that I can't see. I had the H2O in my pocket and now it is filled with man overboards!!!

JW - No it is not 100% because of no fuse as I wired in a fuse and it still fried my GPS.

Dan - I do not know - I am guessing there is something in that plug that limits the amount of juice the GPS recieves - so if you went generic ???? They have replacement plug ins for not too expensive.

If you go to the second menu screen and scroll to my trails you can pick the trail you want to edit/delete and hit enter when you have highlighted the one you want to work on. On the detail screen for that trail there is a "Delete Trail" option which will leave your others intact but delete just one.

Hope that helps.

On the Man Overboawrd icons - the simplest way (if I remember right without having it with me) is to put your cursor over it so it is highlighted and press "Find" and choose "Selected Item" from dropdown menu. from the menu that appears you can choose delete and hit enter.

Don't cut the cig adapter off and hard wire the plug in for it - poof the GPS goes

There is an inline transformer/regulater in the OEM adapter that drops the voltage to 3.5 volts. The H2O does not like 12v. shocked