• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Huge Walleye in Outdoor News

buddha

Was I the only one that was surprised to see a 37" eye come from Mille Lacs? Was it a misprint? If not there is the state record as soon as the gal puts on the feed bag. I am not calling that gal who caught the fish a liar, I have never heard of one that large come out of ML or even anywhere? Anyone have the story.

I heard this too. Apparently I have seen no picture so far except reading claims by several people who have seened this fish. It was said the fish was skinny and didnt look the length of 37".

Well anything can be until someone valid actually unveils the real story. Until then its just a story.

Haven't seen a pic, but I googled it and found on another site it says 37" 12lb fish. I'm guessing that is a 27" fish.

I guess it's a double misprint then, because a 27" fish isn't going to be 12lbs whistle .......but neither is a 37 grin

Outdoor News?

Did Gary Clancy measure it?? grin

I don't have a pic handy but the fish did look very nice. I'm guessing it was a typo. A fish that large anywhere in MN would have raised a big media circus, even if it didn't have the weight to be a state record.

Anyone see that article by Dennis Anderson in the Strib about faulty DNR rulers? They later found out that their ruler was off on length and was likely altered by someone. But then their problem was opposite, they thought they had 17" walleyes and really they were 18"s. Anyway agreed, there is something fishy about a 12 lb 37" walleye.

I have to say there is no way a walleye of 37" could only be 12 lbs i have one on my wall that is 31" and it only was 12.6 lbs so if this is true i would have to say that fish would be in the 18-25 lbs class and with all the eye's i have seen the biggest being a 33" 14.9 lbs i have to say no way this has any merit.

Originally Posted By: Sandmannd
Haven't seen a pic, but I googled it and found on another site it says 37" 12lb fish. I'm guessing that is a 27" fish.

I guess it's a double misprint then, because a 27" fish isn't going to be 12lbs whistle .......but neither is a 37 grin

Outdoor News?

Did Gary Clancy measure it?? grin

If Gary Clancy measured it I'm sure its the truth! No doubt!