• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Women's Forum Bulletin Board

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actualy did pretty good. Fished Stoney Pt on Saturday from 10:30 to 4:00PM. There was 25 boats over there scattered about. We stayed on the edges of the boats, as I don't like playing Bumper Boat fishing. Most people fishing with Jig and Minnow. We fished with crawlers and was advised by a few people that we were doing better than most. Actualy had 2 boats come up and ask what are you using. Oh yea no wind to speak of.

Kept 5 eyes and a few jumbo perch for the day. Did catch a 25" eye, but with the rain coming down a picture was not considered.

It started raining steady around 1:00 PM and it really didn't quit. It was stii raining and it got windy on Sunday. I saw 1 boat venture out from Highbanks Sunday AM.It did not look pleasant out there.

G.C.

That's an awesome report gary! Did you happen to see what the water temp was? Man, it was 36 degrees this morning up here and I just just checked-it was the same in Deer River. Our deck was icy!

We usually hit Cutfoot when October rolls around. I just hope I start getting some regular weekends (well, at least 1 a month! eek) come ice fishing time.

I was thinking of cutfoot, but the bite was consistant enough, and you know the old saying. 'NEVER LEAVE FISH TO FIND FISH"

I can't wait for October either. If I had my choice, I would spend the month of October up there. I hope you can get out to.

Water temps were around 60 I believe. I only checked it once.

G.C.

While the old puter was getting a new power unit I was at a craft show in Ely, and did reasonably well. I finally got to see my nieces place on Burntside and got a boat ride in a fantastic Lund Tyee. That lake is awesome!!! I hope to make it to the Burntside Bash as I already have a place to stay. I got home from the craft show and thought I would get out and do some fishing, the hubby ticked me off (long story) so I took off to my favorite little lake on Tuesday afternoon. Fished till 10pm.....nothing....stayed overnight in my car, fished till 11am, nothing but small snakes and bite offs. Went to Spider on Friday, again nothing but 2 bite offs. Was going to run down to my friends dock on my lake last night for some shore fishing, but he already pulled the dock out. cry I gotta try and find some fish soon, I haven't been doing so well this year!!!!

Hi Barb! Long time-no chat!! It's good to hear from you. I'm glad to see you've been fitting some fishing in! Jim went to the steak fry/crappie event for the fishing club and said you weren't there. For sure get to the Burntside Bash! I'll make sure I make it to that too even if I have to work someone's godawful shift to make it. eek It was ALOT of fun last year and this year my Marcum will be working top notch-so NO excuses this year. After the Bash last winter, I have been obsessed with getting more laker fishing in this winter. Hopefully you'll get the "bug" too! laugh

Did you stay in your SUV tent last week in your truck? Is it pretty slick?

My mom is heading to the cities the end of this month for her eyes so hopefully we'll get some conclusive answers for her limited vision. She still can't see very well, her Fuch's disease diagnosis has sorta been thrown out the window so hopefully another opinion will help! How frustrating!

School is going good so far this semester. I have that cat dissection in a couple weeks. I'll make sure NOT to tell you any details. sicksmirk I passed the nurse entrance test on Monday. Not really sure why that test is so important-something about weeding out our learning problems?

yes i am a bear hunter and its not good. i will now wait till the weekend of oct 12, the last weekend. my brother will be up there from wisc so i am going up for 4-5 days to hunt and fish a variety of critters. have you or jim heard anything?