• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Boat Grill for 16Ft Aluminum Boat?

TroutYammer

Can anyone recommend a good boat grill for my Lund Rebel? I want to hook one up to the gunnels (or maybe the spare pedestal seat) while I am trolling. Nothing would be better that a nice hot dog or burger while trolling along!

I am worried about getting grease all over or setting the boat on fire. Anyone with experience grilling on a small boat...comments would be greatly appreciated.

I've been with guys that grilled in boats like yours before. They used small grills with 1 lb propane tanks set and put the grill on the floor of the boat on a piece of carpet or a rubber mat that could be rolled up when not grilling. A problem with gunwales or seat pedestals when you're talking about a small grill like that is if it's windy out you won't get much heat for cooking.

I use a single burner stove w/ 1 lb tank inside a 5 metal

bucket for wind. Hanging a deadstick while cookin hot pork chops on the rainey river in spring, looking forward to it already mmmmmmmmmmm

redhooks

i do the same thing as perchjerker said nothing better midnight eye run with brats cooking in the fall i put cardboard under it that way when i get back to the landing i just toss it in the trash

i duck tape my mr cooker to the floor and then welded some spikes on the bottom of pan so it cant slide off. has far as the grill i have one of those grills that the legs fold up for caring handles i do the same thing tape the legs to the floor also runs on 1lb lp tank

Weber BabyQ is what I have. A little spendy, but it has been on my Cresliner 1850 S/F a whole bunch of times. It has it's

own little drip pan and runs off the longer, one pound cylinders. It also has a push button igniter. A tall can of beans or veggies will fit in under the hood. Very portable

and light, with a big enough grill space for four big steaks

or eight hambugers. Been out on the ice a bunch too,in my

Otter Cabin. It would need to be set down on the floor, but would be very stable down there. I like the fact I can cable lock it up to a tree at the camp site. IMO, it is well made and durable. If you want to check, you could probably find

it on the net.

I've seen grills made to hang on the gunwale and over the water. They've been around for years. Any drippage goes overboard, not in the boat. Hit the Cabela's HSOforum and type in "boat grill" in the search box. They have a rail mounted LP gas model. I don't see any reason to not use one, except only in flat water!

I carry a small charcoal unit with fold up legs. I just plan to beach the boat and grille around lunchtime. its good to get off the boat and strech the legs halfway through the day.