• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How do I purchase a handgun?

DRH1175

your local sheriffs department should have the paperwork. Thats where I got mine, they will be the ones that do the background check. You have to fill out a a sheet or two of paper and they send it back in. It took me awhile (2 weeks)to get mine back and it was in the spring. You might want to get on it.

In the metro, I went to my local Police Department, so call your local authorities first. It only takes 7 days to get the permit, they can mail it to you but that will take longer as well. once you have the permit, you are good to go. What model of handgun are you looking at?

Do yourself a favor and if you plan on pistol hunting get yourself a .44 mag. It has much better range and knock down power. There are also a much better selection of hunting style bullets in .44. Good luck.

My dad knocked one over a few years back with a .357 but it was a pretty close shot.