• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Time to start the who should be an ex-Twin list

IFallsRon

If the Twins were willing to eat Monroe's contract and take a chance that Livan wouldn't be claimed, there's plenty of room on the list for others to be clipped from the 2009 roster.

May as well start with Lamb. There seems to be no position or spot in the batting order for him.

Punto is a serviceable fielder but is brittle and an easy out.

Everett may not be back. I've read that the Brews may be shopping J.J. Hardy, who could hit homers in the Dome.

Some team should think that Boof can be a starter.

Crain and Reyes are replaceable.

Keeping GoGo at the ML level has been a disaster. His best day was the opener.

Kubel is a spare; Cuddy can field but can't drive in runs.

I am not calling out anyone, but we do have a hot bat that is in Rochester right now playing SS! Alejandro Machado , I think with the inconsistant infield we have, it wouldnt hurt to give him a try up in the majors until Alexi Casilla is healthy!

Im not throwing anyone under the bus. I think the Twins are doing great! They are in first place, they have been playing well. Thus why I said I am not calling anyone out! But just stated a hot bat in the minors in a spot that we have an injured player.

Yeah windy, with that huge payroll over there in chicago you would think they wouldn't have to worry every year about them small market minnesota twins. chicago's a joke, they are like the yanks of the midwest.

Yeah windy, with that huge payroll over there in chicago you would think they wouldn't have to worry every year about them small market minnesota twins. chicago's a joke, they are like the yanks of the midwest.

Not to defend Windy, since I am sure he can defend his own team, but Detroit has Chicago beat this year! Chicago 121,189,332 Tigers 137,685,196! Angels $119,216,333

Yankees $209,081,577

Bo Sox $133,390,035

Are Twins $56,932,766

Money cant buy wins after all, grin

I am not calling out anyone, but we do have a hot bat that is in Rochester right now playing SS! Alejandro Machado , I think with the inconsistant infield we have, it wouldnt hurt to give him a try up in the majors until Alexi Casilla is healthy!

Ding Ding Ding....We have a winner.

Wandering,

Not calling you out, you didn't start the thread. Leechbait, God you guys are easy to get riled up, it is TOO EASY as Wesley Snipes said in White Men Can't Jump. And dude, I would have to pass, we will pick up Paul Byrd or Jarrod Washburn off the waiver wires any day now. But I would go Boof for Boone (Logan) if you are looking for a lefty reliever!

Windy

IFall's are you planning on replacing everybody on that list? Major League talent isn't something there is alot of, every team has weak spots. We are compeating for a divison championship with a team everyone thought would struggle to play .500 ball. The Twins have a young team and with that comes so ugly plays and mistakes.

Gomez should come around in the next year or so, he is only 22ish, and shows some flashes of hope. Kubel and Cuddy both made your list, but then who plays right feild, your deffinatly playing Gomez, Young, and Span every day, none of whom have shown much RBI production. Kubel is worth having around just as a pinch hitter and he could be a great DH, Morneu needs someone to protect him in the lineup.

Sure, some team will think Boof can be a starter, but they won't want to risk much for him, maybe another Adam Everett caliber player? We need either Punto or Everett around as a utility middle infeilder, neither is great, but either is a solid back up. Crain has been a good reliever in the past, blame it on whatever you want, I think he just is lacking confidence this year after some tough outings.

The only thing you said that I semi agree with is Reyes, I think they could find someone else that could be used to pitch to more than 1 batter, but more often than not he does do his job.

Like I said, there isn't a whole lot of talent availible, it isn't like there is a huge pool of great established talent. Teams need to take a gamble on some undeveloped players from the minors and the Twins obviously have a great scouting staff as they keep bringing in young talent.

I'm very excited about this team going into the future, I don't understand why you want to mess with a team that is competing for a divison title?

If there is a worse reliever on the Twins than that stiff that just blew the game to the pinstripers(Bass), I would like to know who that is. This guy is a AA pitcher, at best. I know, he was the last guy available tonight. But, there has got to be somebody in the minors better than this joke, isn't there?

Originally Posted By: leechbait

Not to defend Windy, since I am sure he can defend his own team, but Detroit has Chicago beat this year! Chicago 121,189,332 Tigers 137,685,196! Angels $119,216,333

Yankees $209,081,577

Bo Sox $133,390,035

Are Twins $56,932,766

Money cant buy wins after all, grin

Well excuse me, I should have said they are the Red Sox of the Midwest, Looks like Byrd is out of the question now.

Tho it seems the players you guys call out, end up doing good down the stretch! Again Everett has a good game. Young gave us a chance. In a couple weeks, Im sure Bass will be the teams savior. Its a game!

Not to sound like Denny Green but, when two teams play to win ,only one can win! wink

And you know the Yankees wanted to win as well!

Riverrat,

As much as I hate to admit it, I have to agree. That's why I was giving the business to to IFalls for posting it. But it seems like Twink fans love to hate their team as much as Chicago, we are never satisfied. Just like the Bears, the most popular guy on the team is always the third string QB! Everybody always wants to replace things but are never satisfied with what they got! Too funny.

Windy

Kubel a spare, are you kidding me? He has won some key games for us this season, see last Chicago series. If he played everyday he would have more homers than Morneau right now. I believe his contract up soon and from what was reported at the beginning of the season, the Twins probably won't try too hard to keep him. Something about him wanting big money now that his knees are healthy. Anybody see the star trib this morning? Reusse states that the yankees showed our bullpen needs help. No way? Can't believe he didn't figure that out sooner. Obviously sid has rubbed off on him. On another side note, someone brought a G@y-Rod sign to the game last night and got kicked out. When I heard that this morning I laughed out loud to myself because I have thought about trying that laugh

If the Twins were willing to eat Monroe's contract and take a chance that Livan wouldn't be claimed, there's plenty of room on the list for others to be clipped from the 2009 roster.

May as well start with Lamb. There seems to be no position or spot in the batting order for him.

Punto is a serviceable fielder but is brittle and an easy out.

Everett may not be back. I've read that the Brews may be shopping J.J. Hardy, who could hit homers in the Dome.

Some team should think that Boof can be a starter.

Crain and Reyes are replaceable.

Keeping GoGo at the ML level has been a disaster. His best day was the opener.

Kubel is a spare; Cuddy can field but can't drive in runs.

Ron do you have any answers to your proposed moves. Everymove has a need for replacement.

Lamb...has been a failed experiment but we don't have another lefthanded bat to replace him. Not crazy but not sure it is the answer.

Punto is serviceable in the field? Really? Do you watch many games?

Everett does not provide much that we don't have when the roster is healthy and you are probably correct that he will be gone.

What are you willing to give up for Hardy? You have already called half our team garbage. Want to give up Span? Then you would have to keep Gomez here. Want to give up Kubel? Have to keep Lamb or you would not have any lefthanded bats off the bench.

Nobody is going to give you anything for Boof but maybe a Randy Ruiz type or another jouneyman pitcher.

Crain and Reyes are replaceable - With who? You think someone would give up a Mariano Rivera or maybe K-Rod for them. If they are replaceable with something like themselves then why do we need to get rid of them. Oh by the way, Reyes' ERA is 2.45 and does a nice job against lefties which is his job.

Gomez does need to get his head on straight but I don't think there is anything in AAA to replace him unless you want to stick with Cuddy when he is healthy, but that is right he....

Cuddy does not drive in enough runs. Granted he has had his issues this year staying healthy but last year he drove in 81 runs. Only 68 guys in MLB drove in more last year. I am pretty sure each team keeps between 13 and 15 batters on the roster which means he was 69th out of 434 approximate position players. Oh yeah that is right, he had 1 more RBI than JJ Hardy who you would like us to pick up.

Kubel is a spare - Geez who wouldn't want a 4th outfielder who gives you a left handed option of the bench, is on pace for 22 home runs. Nice spare. Besides the fact that he probably is a starter when you send Gomez down.

Actually no one person lost the game last night WE lost the GAME as a TEAM!

Kubel certainly wouldn't have as many Home Runs as Morny and his average would be lot less then it is now if he played More against left handed pitching and of course he won't because he can't hit ".164." lefty's at all.

Punto is a better hitter against Lefty's then Kubel... grin

That being said I hope we can keep him around for while I like his bat against righty's.