• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pigeon training, not dog training...

Lynch Gun Dogs

I have had a lot of questions on how i train my pigeons lately not dogs, kinda funny but here is how i do it. You need to buy homing stock or at least half and half for good results, no different then buying a dog out of the paper or from experienced breeder. You need to get young birds that are just starting to fly and leave them sit for several weeks. I can provide for you if needed. You can train them by putting them into a recall trap and letting them learn to walk back through the bobs see pictures on link. It is hard to explain and if you view pictures will make more sense

http://www.lynchgundogs.com/pigeons.htm

I do NOT shoot a lot of birds over my dogs until they are older. I will use the pigeons for fly aways. The pigeons who have been trained will come back to use another day. Much cheeper when they come back at $5 a piece. I want them to learn to find and flush game then sit or hup. The marking and retrieve i have allready instilled in the yard with dummies and ground work. This will come natural to them not the sitting on flush.

Hope the pictures help out if any of you are interested in your own pigeon home.