• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Windows Vista desktop question

LwnmwnMan2

Question

I bought a new laptop the other night.

It's got Windows Vista Home Premium.

I was wondering if there's a setting on the desktop so the icons will change to whatever HSOforum they're a shortcut for.

On my XP based computers, I've got the HSO icon for the FM shortcut.

Is there a setting I can change, or am I going to be looking at 10-12 "e" icons?

9 answers to this question

What I did was just go to the HSOforum and right-click and save a small picture that identifies the HSOforum and you can change the icon to that picture. It might take a little trial and error.

I honestly have never known where those icons come from. For example, my link to this site in my favorites folder has an icon that is a black square with the red letters HSO inside. I have assumed that the HSOforum installed the icon to my system when I visited or when I created the link in my favorites folder.

Bob

That's pretty much what I do dtro. I also have the Comcast tool bar installed. You can put shortcuts on there and FM is the first on on there. You gotta love IE 7 though with the tabs so you don't have 20 browsers open.