Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lunger

Jalapenos

7 posts in this topic

I planted a bunch of jalapeno plants this spring that I bought from the garden center at Menards, there growing real well and there are a bunch of peppers hanging. The other day I picked a couple that were 3-4 inches and ate one, not even hot, what a let down. Any jalapeno growers out there that have any insight on why they were not hot?

Thanks

My guess is it hasn't been hot and dry enough this year.

I start my own.....Early Jalepeno.Have been eating them for 3 weeks or so.They are hot.Even in cool weather.You might have gotten mislabeled peppers.

There's also a newer jalepino out there thats a no heat verson I tried them this year,Never again their just like bell peppers.

I believe I've read that too much water can alter the heat quite a bit.

I tried another one last night and it was perfect, nice and hot. Hopefully the first one was just a fluke.

Do not give your peppers alot of water! If you want the hottest peppers plant them seperatly from the rest of the garden so they don't get the same amount of water. Jalepenos are not tomatoes and shouldn't be grown the same.