• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fishing items at work

tunrevir

I was cleaning out my desk drawers this a.m. at work and came across some misc. fishing tackle ect. I have a rattling rap with a company logo on it, a 1/16th oz jighead and a snapswivel. Just wondering if any of you out there have inadvertantly dragged some of your hobby time into work with you laugh

Tunrevir~

I have a detailed map of my favorite lake on the wall in my office so I can plan my evening trip from my desk. I also keep a spool of line in my desk for practicing knot tying. I learned the "Uni-knot" while at work, and I really like that knot for connecting lines, like Flouro to fireline, or lead core to mono.

I have the Lakemaster chip/disk loaded into my laptop here at work. It is great to view various spots on lakes when somebody mentions different bars, etc that I am not familiar with on that lake. Also, it is great to pre-plan a trip where you are going to fish first especially for ice fishing. Occasionally print out a map of the structure prior to leaving the office with the GPS coordinates marked on the map. This saves alot of time scouting when you get to the lake.

My work office is my truck. One day I sat on a rapala. Another I left the minnows in the back of the truck, didnt realise until the end of the day when they started stinkin. My work is always getting in the way of my fishing storage.

I bring a laptop in so look around here at lunchtime....

I thik I also have a couple of map books to fiddle with when a network is unavailable.

You've never looked more intense...than when you're at lunch....at work.... gringringrin

I have a bunch of fishing tackle all over my office. In fact I have a purple and yellow Rapala DT 6 and a Brown and gold DT 10 laying on my desk. BTW I just about stuck a hook in my hand looking to see what size they were. eek I wonder if I could claim that as workers comp. wink

I work at home, so I have all my gear handy. I find fishing stuff in the pockets of every jacket I own (including my dressy ones), I cannot go into any room in the house without finding something fishing related. In the winter I keep a 5 gallon bucket in my master bathroom with an aquarium pump to keep my minnows alive.

I love the responses that have been posted so far! I would bet that there are other guys and gals that have also taken tackle to work and stashed it somewhere. I would love to have my laptop on my boat and be out on the water all of the time but alas, I work to go out and have fun so I have to be in each day. Glad to hear I'm not the only one that has tackle laying around the office! Loved the post about the FM site, like to hear what others have in the cubicale. I also am guilty of having a Forest lake map in my drawer, Mille Lacs and have been known to come in and set waypoints on my GPS for the trolling runs I want to do in the fall(guilty pleasure!) I have fishy photoes around right next to the family pics as well. Good to hear I'm not totally off base with my extracurricular activities!

Tunrevir~