• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Why can't I get up?

Sandmannd

How is it that on the weekend I can get up at 3:30 or 4 AM to go out fishing. But trying to drag my booty out of bed at 5:30 during the week to get to work is pure torture? I'll wake up before my alarm and get all set to hit the water/ice but I just keep hitting snooze for work. I drag all day at work, but on the water I'm wide awake and loving it.

Anyone else have these issues?

Try going to bed at 1-2am a few days a week.....THEN getting up at 5:30. wink Now that is a real kick in the shorts.

My open water fishing season this year has been sponsored by Monster and Full Throttle.

There was one time last year that my buddy and I were going to head out early in the morning to catch a few fish. I slept through my alarm and he quietly got the boat hooked up and everything set to go then started up the truck, came into the house and woke me up and asked if I was canceling. I looked at the clock and the profanities started flying. He said I had two minutes before he left without me so I scrambled together some clothes and out the door I went. It was funny, but scary. I nearly missed a chance to get out on the water.

I know someone that has a problem getting up occasionally for fishing or hunting, but then again I do too if too many beverages are consumed the day before...otherwise not an issue....

DTRO-- I know the feeling with both of kids deciding not to sleep through the night anymore, those mornings come awfully early, it's amazing how you can actually function with only 3-4 hrs of sleep

I like to take a hour nap after I get home from work, now if I plan on fishing after work I get home and hooked up and off fishing and I am never tried. I have no problems with this, but the wife had some serious issues with it!

I use a similar technique with a friend of mine except I call him the night before and tell him if he isnt at my house by 5am Im going to come over and burn his house down with him in it. wink

he regularly shows up now....

I find im the same way as far as time. I can wake up at 4:30am without the alarm clock both Sat and Sun, but come monday 5:45 and the alarm sucks big time.

I swear to God before i go out early I wake up wide awake. I laugh about all my football teammates who cant get up, you can tell who really loves the game by 7 am practices.

Yep, I have this problem........can't seem to crawl out of bed for work yet I can be ready to rock on a couple hours sleep to fish or hunt. I like to refer to the weekend runs to Lake Michigan as "lost weekends" You drive for hours to get out there, drop the boat in and fish till 1030 or 11 come in clean fish, clean up, rig for the morning and crash. The alarm goes off at 330 or 4 and you are up and out and ready to roll again fishing untill mid to late morning and then in for a nap. Problem is that you want to rig for the afternoon, chat with the guys that are coming in, get some shut eye and eat and head out for the evening bite to do it all over again. Repeat the process on Sunday morning brfore packing up and heading back to Mn. Get home, unpack, clean the boat, repack the fish and freeze them, eat a bite and play with the kids and off to bed. Man that alarm comes early at 530 Monday. I guess you gotta work so you can go out and play again on the weekend laugh

Tunrevir~

My alarm is lucky if it gets to go off once a month.I am an early bird.Fishing or work i enjoy both.4 days work 3 days fishing.

your a Lucky one, My boss took a pole earlier this year and asked if the people at our company would rather work 5 8hour days or 4 10 hour days to help save on gas.It really doesnt matter to me since I live close to work and I do the same amount of work no matter what each week. I voted HECK Yeah bring on the fishing. I guess I was out numbered since were still working 5 8's. I agree its so much easier to get out of bed to fish or hunt rather than work. I like my job but I love to fish and hunt.Guess getting up is the difference between loveing and only likeing somthing.

Originally Posted By: Wish-I-Were-Fishn
Man, I really envy you morning folks. What time do you early raisers hit the sack?

if I'm not sound asleep by 10PM the next day is going to be [PoorWordUsage].

I agree with that. I try to go to bed around nine or a little after. But if I lay there for more than 15 minutes I'm up. Last night didn't get to bed till 11:30 and I'm paying for it. I have some weird sleep problems. One night I'll pass out at 8:30 or nine and then the next I'm up late and pay for it. It's a vicious circle.

4am for fishing 20 hours is much easier than 5 am for an 8 hour work day. But then again, reading posts on here when the boss isnt looking helps the weekend come faster.

Sunday nights and wednesday nights its 7-8 pm and up at 2.30 am.Leave for work at 3.15 am.Monday, tuesday, thursday nights its 10 pm up at 4.30 am. Work at 6 am till noon -2pm.Once in awhile sleep in on saturday till 6 am.2 fridays off then 2 fridays on but only 6am till 11-12noon.Good hours for fishing.