Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BAKERMAN

24 volt trolling motor set-up

4 posts in this topic

I was with a buddy this weekend and he has basically the same trolling motor set up I do, however he connects his 2 batteries together. We both have an Alumnicraft and it has separate wiring for each battery and a switch close to the trolling motor where you can choose 12 volt or 24 volt...We had a discussion about what is more practical and which set up might allow the batteries to stay charged longer...We could not come to an agreement so we would appreciate your insight....does it make an difference which way the 24 volt trolling batteries are connected?

Thanks for your insight

Only 1 way I know to hook up 24 volt is + on 1 battery to - on the other then pull your leads off the other 2 posts for the motor.

It does not make a difference.

In one case you're making the jumper between the two batteries right at the batteries.

In the other case you're making the jumper between them at the power plug.

You still have 24 volts, you still have the same length of run in the wires. Should really make no difference for the batteries or the ease of connecting them.

Thanks for the responses...I know that he charges both batteries separately just like I do...It seemed logical that it would make no difference but was not sure...Thanks again