• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Upcoming Full Moon thoughts

no_bod

I was just wondering what some of your guys's thoughts are for the full moon on Saturday. I'm headed back home and was going to fish West Battle Lake. As much as I hate to leave the Bemidji area on the upcoming full moon, I think West Battle should produce a fish or two. Does anyone get on this body of water much? Let me know! Best of luck to you all.

Hopefully RK will chime in as he had interesting comments on this in March in his seminar at the Expo in Blaine.

Yes, it's an opportune time, but everyone (us) sees it that way, and the pressure from anglers is way up. Point being other factors weather related can be as much of a trigger, they just don't become active this sole time of the month. The solunar charts don't tell the fish to go to a certain location at a certain time. Stack the odds and don't just bank on a window, as other factors will alter it. Don't simply follow the crowd either....

That said, I'll be on Mille Lacs this weekend, but looking to find the window within the window, if that makes sense.

Good points Cjac! Plus, with the way this season has gone, who knows what these fish are going to do. From my perspective, and that of many others, this is just a wacky year for Muskies. Pick your spots, and don't be afraid to go against the grain. Something different than the other guy might be exactly what the fish are looking for!

yikes - leaving Bemidji for WBL - we did find some nice fish on WBL at the end of june in the cabbage around the holes in the west basin. i personally think they move a bit shallower than you'd expect when they want to eat, sand, inside edge stuff, so that's what I would key on if I was fishing WBL this weekend. despite the way that lake treats me sometimes it's hard not to go back, wish i had a few solid nights to put in there. good luck