• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Flying fish...

turn_in_poachers

So we were fishing a Metro lake on sunday morning. Sitting in about 10 ft of water. I was using fairly heavy gear:

7' MH Kistler Helium LTA

TD Fuego L

50lb PP

I feel a nice bite and set my hook...... SNAPPPP!!!!! nothing. I couldnt believe it. I turn around and start my F bombs.. *$&&#&%$ this and &@^&$ that. about 5 seconds later, I hear a splash, something wet hits my right leg, I look around on the boat and there's the bass... with my jig in its mouth. It jumped up, Im guessing trying to throw the jig, and landed in the boat. I got my lucky 3/8 All Terrain in black/blue back along with a nice 2.5lb bass.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! My buddies and I laughed for a good couple minutes about that. Still counts as a landed bass right?

It only counts as a landed bass if it was legaly hooked!

I say he hooked it legally... grin There was just one slight problem, the line didn't stay connected! crazy Great story, and I'm glad you got your lure back!

Yeah, I think it was a bad knot. Cause I remember, we were coming up on some nice looking water and I had to get my jig in the water as fast as possible. So I tied a half-a$$ed knot, not my usual palomar. Lesson learned.

Ill only use that jig now when the fishing is extra tough.

Holy cow is right. Wow! What a hook set! 50lb power pro? Either that Powerpro is cheep s#@% or you get way to excited. I know I wouldn't want to be anywhere near you when you get a fish on.

Calm down!