• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Requiem for a plastic bait

lawman

Well, thats it. I just used my last Berkley Power Bait "Pulse Worm." They quit making them a couple years ago. I have caught so many bass on these baits I can't believe it. I have looked all over for something even close but no luck. I even went on line, no luck except for a guy in Japan that wants $9.00 US currency for a bag of 12. Might as well sell my boat!!!!!

A Pulse Worm is a 4" plastic bait with a ribbed body and a curly tail that mimics a minnows tail. They are fished like any other plastic bait, Teaxas style or Carolina etc.

Just wondering if you checked out the Fisherman's Factory Outlet in Spirit Lake Ia. They are the surplus store for Berkley and sell all sorts of older stuff like that all the time. It's almost a given that they have some of these laying around in there cause I see em everytime I stop. They do have a HSOforum----check it out.

This kind of thing happens quite a bit.. I have had quite a few fave lures over time that were discontinued. IT kills, but then in the long run, you seem to find a new fave lure that was better than the first.

Best of luck in your search for a new fave lure.

Thanks to "Toomuchfun" I was able to buy some Pulse Worms at an internet store. I have hope there might be more out there. I took the "for sale" sign off the boat and told the Monks at the monastery I was no longer interested in joining up.