• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Muskies boated at Operation Muskie!!!!!

MUSKY18

Just getting back into the swing of things after getting back from LOTW this past weekend. Operation Muskie was the ultimate of successes!! Everything ran very smooth and organized and best of all the fish were biting! Fished for 3 1/2 days and here are some rough totals. For the 30 guys fishing (20 vets/10 guides) there were roughly 43 muskies boated. The largest by a guide measured 52 inches and the largest by a vet was 49.5! Not to mention it was only the vet's 2nd muskie ever! I was lucky enough to be in the boat with him, and he was literally shaking with excitment when Chad Cain put it in the net! The majority of the fish were in the 41-46 range, but quite a few 48's were caught as well. Weather was perfect and only got about a 5 minute squall of rain that came through. Couldn't have asked for a better group of guides and vets. Bay Store Camp was just a hair above awesome and in a great location on the lake which enabled us to go every which direction to get to the fish. I am still getting all the photos of the fish, but when I get done, I will post pics up for everyone to see.

Good news is that it sounds like this is going to grow legs and become an annual outing. We are starting to work out details, and while not official as of yet, I am about 75% sure it will happen again next year. Stay tuned and I will let everyone know.

Congrats on a great trip Bret, I know a TON of work went into the trip, glad it was a success.

That was one heck of a list of people in the muskie world that you had lined up! I'm sure there were some great stories told!