• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Prime Rib on the Weber

Post some pics if you can, when you do it. Post the results too, as I would like to do the same. You can be our guinea pig grin

There was quite a prime rib discussion this past winter, search back and you might get some ideas, although I can't remember if there were any grill ideas. I would imagine that the cooking time would be the key difference.

we lost our oven a few years ago at deer camp. we do a prime every year. i think we prepared it the same as we were going to do in the oven. the key is pull it off at 140-145 degrees in center. the slower you cook the better. all we used was a prime rib spice rub. i think it was the best we ever had. got to have ause juice and fresh horse raddish. can't wait till camp

It's really no different than in the oven. Be sure to cook with indirect heat (charcoal on the sides of the meat). Here's the rub that I throw together:

1 (4-5) lb roast

1 tbls olive oil

1 tbls garlic powder

1 tbls onion powder

1 tbls rosemary

1 tbls garlic salt

1 tsp ground black pepper

1/2 tsp oregano

Rub Roast with Olive Oil

Combine all spices in a bowl. Apply liberally to surface of the roast.

If you can control the heat, try to keep the grill around 325 - 350. (Much easier to do with a gas grill) Stick a meat thermometer in and cook to about 130. Pull off the grill and cover till internal temp reaches 145 for medium rare. (about 15 minutes)

At this temp it should take around two hours. Less if the grill is hotter.

Good luck and good eatin.