• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Humminbird 595C w/ GPS

Guido

Question

4 answers to this question

I haven't used that particular unit but I think Humminbird makes good units, the only drawback for some people is they don't take LakeMaster chips. I like the display and colors on Humminbird units.

I use both LM and Nav chips depending on where I'm fishing, they're both good.

I don't advertise the 595c on my HSOforum but my suppliers have it in stock. And you probably know this already but there's a $50 manufacturer rebate on them right now too. Shoot me an email at [email protected] if you want and I'll let you what my price is for that unit, I'll probably have the best price you will find. And if you need some help with the installation I can help with that too.

The big box store located in Rogers and Owatonna has them for sale right now at $399 online, plus the mail in discount gets you down to $349. That's a steal to get in on a color, GPS mapping unit. Just got mine yesterday so I'll be hooking it up this weekend. From what I read, the installation is pretty easy. It does have an external GPS puck which is a slight draw-back from some of the built in models, but at that price I'm not going to complain.

Looking at the Navionics HSOforum, it looks like they've got a lot of the popular lakes mapped out in detail, but most are still based on the DNR lake maps. Not sure what the down side is to Navionics from Lakemaster, looks to me like they're basically the same. Maybe others can jump in on that topic.

BB- I ended up ordering too. Can't wait to use the unit. Also got 07 Navionics hot map which should still have the lakes in HD and be used in this unit.

I am horrible at putting things together so I really hope I can install this gps on my own.