Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishinJohn

while the water's warm

3 posts in this topic

Last winter someone asked what would happen if someone were wearing Arctic Armor but only had the pants on and went through the ice. Would it be very difficult to keep your head above water? I never saw an answer. Anyone willing to test and report?

I know I was one person that asked that question last year. IO haven't heard a definitive answer but would like to find out before purchasing one of these suits. A you tube video would be perfect, and a great selling tool.

Hopefully someone can test this for us.

After seeing them in person the other day at the game fair I don't think it would be very difficult. There should be sufficient floatation capabilities in the bibs alone to keep you up. I wouldn't trust it if you hit your head though as you could go unconscious. You would of course have to use your arms to keep your upper body up but it wouldn't be bad. Check out the Arctic Armor post in the sponsor showcase forum for some photos I shot while they tested it at the Game Fair. No kicking or arm movements other than getting around with those pics. I will hopefully have a suit arriving soon and I will test it out if nobody else has.