• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Propeller Repair in Twin Cities

FishinDubs

Question

I am getting ready for the annual Rainy Lake trip and the main prop for our boat is a bit bent. No vibration and no missing pieces but still a bit out of line. We will have 3 guys in the boat this year instead of 2 so I was thinking it may not hurt to get it straightened. It may get up on the water more quickly and it may add 1-2 mph to the top speed.

Does anyone know where I can get it straightened quickly and affordably here in the Cities? Is it even worth doing, as it doesn't show any signs other then the slight bend?

Thanks in advance.

8 answers to this question

FishinDubs, Definitely!!! UPS it to Soderblooms! I've had 3 repaired, 2 through Jay. His prices (including the shipping) were still less than I could have it done here 'locally'! Plus, his service was quicker & the workmanship better. That was before he was an F.M. sponsor!! I'm all done having the local 'marine shop' repair the dings, dents and balance my props. Give Jay a try, He's VERY knowledgeable in his craft and takes pride in his workmanship. Try him once, you'll see what I mean. Phred52

I've used Lance's Prop shop up in Forest Lake and just this weeks used a marina down on the croix. Can't remember the name of the marina but it's on the WI side right where the Croix meets the Sippi. Both were around $50. I've always heard that Soderblooms does great work as well.

Well I made a mistake and used a delivery service that took 6 days to go from Maple Grove to Cromwell. Time is of the essence so I thought I may be pushing my luck sending it to Soderblooms. Turns out Jay had it back to me in 1 days time! It looks brand new and it was resonable too!

Kudos to Jay and I highly recommend them if you need any prop work done.