• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

nice fish

slab seeker

it will only cost $50-60. I think I am getting a very good deal.

One piece of advice on an "affordable" mount. While I don't know your cousin and I don't know his work but ask yourself this, is it worth saving $150-200 bucks and not getting the mount you want for a possible lifetime personal best?

I will agree with most people here. My son and I ccught a 39" Northern (Fat as Pig) and I wondered if I should have it mounted. It was by far the biggest fish we had ever caught. When I shared that story with a neighbor (he was jealous) he made the comment that it should have bee thrown back. The taxidermist did an awesome job and we hung that fish in my sons room. It is a beautiful fish and the guy did an incredible job. Every dollar spent on that memory was worth it. I hope your cousin is good, because this fish hanging in my sons room is one of the best memories of our lives and the quality is awesome. NEVER have I complained about the cost of that memory, and I am a guy who can complain about costs. Alas, I am in know way associated with any taxidermist.

Nice catch!

Kwiggy--thats a great quote--"Never have I complained about the cost of that memory."

You will catch literally tons of walleye in this part of Canada before you catch one over 5 lbs. The first one I caught over 6lbs I had mounted. Glad I did--I lost that one in a house fire.

I caught one 13lbs 6ozs--wish I'd mounted that one--All I got was a couple of Pictures.

13 lb 6 Oz and you have pictures? Get a replica mount made! I think they look just as good and will hold up forever. As long as you can find someone who reproduces the paint job to the actual fish.

To the original poster, if it's in your freezer and you want to mount it, go for it. Sounds like a great fish and catch.

I caught and released a 29" on the opener this year and I will probably get a replica made soon. Some day, when our ship comes in, it will look great in our cabin.

Check out Artistic Anglers out of Duluth. They do amazing replicas. They've even been featured on the History Channel. I got a 22" Largemouth Bass done by them and it looks awesome! Looks as if it is ready to swim off the wall!