Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bandit

How was it?

8 posts in this topic

Haven't been to Sturgis since 94, always like to hear about it. Hope everyone had a good and safe time.

The numbers were down a bit it seemed to me. Not nearly as much traffic, even into Keystone or Deadwood mid day. Beautiful weather. They were predicting 102 degrees a couple days but it didn't get over mid-nineties. Cold at night so we slept well and got up early to ride before everything gets too busy. Iron mountain Road and Needles highway were definitely the high lites of our trip. Custer State Park was great too.

We had a great time. We stayed in Hot Springs...a little far south but had a beautiful ride early every morning through Wind Cave or Custer State Park. Lots of buffalo, antelope and deer. Lots of great riding!

I might have to make it back down there one of these years, I always had fun, but the crowds got kind of old.

my parents go and their almost fifty and it sounds like thier the average age for out thier. the crowd is getting a bit old I would say.

my parents go and their almost fifty and it sounds like thier the average age for out thier. the crowd is getting a bit old I would say.

I wouldn't! whistle Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

Heard there was a shooting this year. Hadn't been one for something like 18 years.

Sounded like a member of the Iron Pigs club (allegedly members are mostly LEOs) and a member of the H@ll's Angels club got into a scrap and the Iron Pig guy ended up shooting the H@ll's Angel guy.

I believe there are articles on the web for anyone more interested.

Had a great time. Weather was hot in the day, cool at night.

Had a nice ride out on Sat. Aug. 2 (no rain) and also a rain free ride home Aug. 7. Crowds were down, we could travel freely just about any where we went. Beer was cold, babes where hot. My 18th year in Sturgis for the Rally.