• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

want to take my mom fishing!

mainbutter

So I'm house sitting for my uncle in minneapolis, and my mom is here to help me with moving into an apartment and finding a used car etc. and I was thinking it would be fun to take her out fishing for a morning/afternoon/whole day depending on how busy we end up being before she leaves on wednesday.

We're restricted to shore-fishing pretty much, unless there is a canoe rental of some kind that would be pretty cheap.

I've never fished summers here(closest I've done is early may in ontario) and have no idea how the current water temperatures and water levels in rivers/lakes/streams will affect things.

Any suggestions on places to check out within an hour or two drive from minneapolis?

I may just check out the cannon river or something down in northfield since that's the only area of MN I've ever fished.