• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Springer Fun Trial on Aug 16th

MinnesotaMongo

Last month, I ran my puppy in his first fun trial, put on by the Minnesota Hunting Spaniel Association. I know they are running another one on August 16th and here is a link to the flier:

http://www.mnhuntingspaniel.org/Img/2008_MHSA_FUN_TRIAL_RULES.pdf

I had a ball running Maynard in his first trial - even though he backcast on me a couple times and kept me out of placements. But I was sure proud to see him find, flush and retrieve his two birds.

The nice thing about it - is that they have a group for everybody, even if your dog is not steadied (Maynard isn't - yet) and a special group for kids. It was great to see a 6 yr old boy out there, running the 2004 Amateur National Field Trial Champion (retired but still full of juice) - his dad proud as punch.

A nice group of people and a fun way to spend some hours with other Springer people. I wish I could be at this one - but I have a wedding. I think you may want to call them if you are going - so they can have enough birds.