• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hot Bite Starting?

Fuzzbient

I'm finding the crappies are really starting to school up and have a hot bite all day long now. Lots of hot spots in 15 to 20 feet of water. Not a problem to limit out on 8 to 10 inch fish.

Anyone else finding this to be the case on the east central lakes or elsewhere at this time?

I have found 75% of my fishing the last week or so has been for crapies/sunnies

an ice fly with a piece of corn has done me good all week. if I put any effort in to it im sure I would have a boat full of fish... lol

In the Emily-Crosslake area they have been schooled up for the last 3 weeks in 15-18 FOW. Can get em all day long...it's to get into them.

Around the metro I've found em in 12-15 FOW. The sunfish are out there as well. I've had to up-size my jig for the sunfish.

Are most of you guys bobber fishing or casting jigs?

I actually have found plenty of crappies casting just off the weed edges, and I have been having the best luck with a 1/32 oz jig with 2" twister tails with a split shot about a foot up the line. 2" power minnows are tied for second along with various 1" twister tails. These fish are coming up pretty high to get these baits. Fairly quick steady retrieve.

I've been having the best luck with 3" Gulp minnows on a floating jig head and a slip sinker. It's an easy way to find the suspended depth and consistently work it. It really does the job if they are on a slow bite mood too.