• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sunny Morning hike!

I took a ride down to the Sax-Zim Bog this morning wondering what the bog gods would offer today! grin...I was looking for anything that lurked,crawled,wiggled or flew...or even grew! grin...Here's a few so -so images from this late morning, early afternoon(12:00 noon lighting wasn't the best...)

a couple sandhill cranes I came upon feeding on a raspberry patch about 100 yards from me along Hwy #7...

Frame_DSCN2968-1copy.jpg

Frame_DSCN2955-1copy.jpg

guess this guy has an itch something terrible!

Frame_DSCN2942-4.JPG

and what I believe is a "kingbird" but I may be wrong grin

Frame_DSCN2935-1.JPG

and a patch of bunchberries...

bunchberries2008.jpg

not a real horse afficiando but this one looked kinda alone in a farmers field....looks like a few scars on it's side...horse has had a tough life grin

Frame_P1040433-1copy.jpg

Frame_P1040458-3.JPG

Great pics, Jonny!

Sweetly-conformed horse. Looks like it made an acquaintance with some barbed wire at some point in its past. Horses just seem to gravitate toward barbed wire. Out West where I used to live, they called those "education marks."

Wonder what got under that one crane's skirt. gringrin

Were those cranes eating berries?